Awake

Samantha's P. O. V.

When I came back to myself, I didn't open my eyes. I just laid down in the bed with my eyes closed. he fight from... When? Hoe long had I'd been unconscious? For hours? Days? I had no idea, but I had the fight between me and Louis fresh in mind.

The bed was comfortable, and I knew I was in a hospital because of the thin tubes I could feel on my wrists and under my nose. I didn't move, but still I could feel the stinging in my forehead and the tapping pain in my leg.

I felt broken and sore. Not only because of the damages from the car accident. My heart was crushed. One of the things I'd feard the most had happened. Louis, who I thought would never do anything to hurt me, had kissed another girl. I'd even seen it.

A tear shaped itself in my eye and rolled down my cheek. I couldn't keep it. My heart jumped when a soft, warm finger brushed the tear away. I thought I was alone in the room.

Now I had to control my breath. They thought I was sleeping, and I wanted them to continue to think that.

By the cologne of the person who sat next to me, I knew it was Harry. It made me happy to know he was by my side. Well, almost happy. When your heart is broken, you're obviously not happy.

I was worrying about Grams too. If she'd got the message about my current situation, she was probably scared.

A second I forgot the wires 'connected' to my wrists and nose, and I tried to turn to the side. The needles in my wrists were pressed deeper down in the flesh, and it came a squeal out of my mouth.

My eyes shot open, and the light were sharp for my eyes.

"Sammie?" Harry asked. He rose up and looked at me. There were bags under his eyes, and his curly hair was messy. He wore the same clothes like last time.

I looked around in the room. Niall, Liam and Zayn slept in a green sofa in the corner. Louis was no where to be seen. Great for me. Probably, he was with Peyton.

"Hi." My voice was weak, and it was just a whisper. Harry got a smile on his face and dragged the chair closer to my bed. He sat down and looked at me with eyes filled with caring.

"How are you feeling?" he asked. I smirked.

"With nerve cells," I answered. Harry laughed.

"Not sure if you hit your head too hard, or if you're healthy enough to be your old I..." His hand ran up to his chin so he looked like a wondering person.

"But how are you-" Harry started, but got cut off by the door opening. A nurse came in.

"You're awake? How are you feeling?" She was maybe forty years old, had blonde hair and green eyes. She had an Australian accent.

"A little dizzy," I answered. And it was true. My head was pounding, and the room was spinning a little.

"Does it hurt?" The nurse asked.

"Not much," I said. Well, that was maybe a lie, but I wanted her to go out of the room so I could talk to Harry.

"If you want anything, shout it out," she said with a smile.

"Thank you," I said with a smile. When she closed the door, I looked at Harry. He was already looking at me, and he made a funny face at me.

After a minute of awkward silence, I broke it. "How many days?" I asked.

"Two," Harry said. That was a long time! 

"But..." I started. "What about the concert? And the interview and everything?" We had a thight schedule, and I had just ruined it.

"We had to remove it. We were all really upset, and it wouldn't be the same without you," he said.

"That's cute," I said with a smile. But then I remembered Louis.

Suddenly I felt for crying. My throat thickened. I took a deep breath, but the tears started slightly to roll down my cheeks.

"Sammie!" Harry rose up from his chair and laid down on the hospital bed. He wrapped his arms around me. I felt safe. Even though I could never imagine to love Harry like more than a friend, I wanted to stay like that forever.

I sobbed against his chest. His hand ran through my messy hair and down to my spine, where he started to draw circles with his hand. It was calming.

"It wasn't what you thought, Samantha," he said. I wondered of what he talked about, but I was too tired and broken to ask.

After a while I felt sleepy again. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

*~*~*

When I woke up, I felt much better. I shut my eyes open, but when I looked around the room, I froze.

In the corner, Louis and Peyton were talking together. They both looked serous, and Peyton had tears in her eyes. Louis gave her a hug, and I cleared my throat.

They jumped away from each other, and looked at me with big eyes.

"Samantha!" Louis said like he had missed me. I rolled my eyes (and now it didn't even hurt!). "I ddn't get the opportunity to see you last time. Harry said you were tired and fell asleep."

I looked first at him, then at Peyton. The whole time my eyes were filled with despise.

"Can you two please get out of my room?" I asked. My voice was trembling, but not because I was on the edge to cry.

"Nice to see you two," Peyton laughed sarcastic.

"I can say with my hand on my heart that I'm not happy to see you at all, your fuckings whore!" I sputtered.

"Samantha!" Louis said angry, or maybe he was just shocked. "Don't call people that!" Peyton got tears in her eyes again, but I was pretty sure it was on purpose.

"I'm just stating a fact!" I yelled. "I don't even know why you're here, Louis! Why are you here in my room? With her?!" Angry tears ran down my cheeks.

"I needed to talk to her, and I wanted to see when you woke-"

"Don't pretend like nothing happened!" I yelled at him. If it wasn't for the fact that I was tied up by wires, I would probably attacked him. "Get out!"

"Samantha," Louis said calmly. He walked over to my bed, and sat down in the chair Harry sat in. Peyton walked out of the room. "Please listen to me."

"No," I said. I looked away, like a five year old. Then I realized, that I actually was acting like a five year old kid. I didn't even listen before I judged him. "Okay, tell me." I didn't look at him, but I could tell that he looked at me.

"She told me she had something to tell me, and it was loud there. When I leaned forwards to hear, she kissed me," he said.

I narrowed my eyes. "Why were you with her in the first place?" I asked.

"She's going through a tough time, and we have always been good friends."

"Well, it seems like she thinks you're more than friends," I said. I didn't feel very angry now. More like  tired of drama.

"Maybe, but we've talked, and she told me it was a mistake of her, and it won't happen again," Louis lookeed at me with pleading eyes. "Please forgive me?"

I looked at him for a minute or two, biting on the inside of my cheek. "Hmm... I can forgive you," I said. I rose up from the chair to give me a hug. I stopped him. "But I an't be your girlfriend, Louis. The feelings are gone. Whatever it was, it broke my heart, and the feelings disappeared. We can maybe be friends, but never as good as we were. You were probably a mistake of mine. I'm sorry, Lou, but I don't think we would ever work out."

He nodded and left the room. I took a deep breath, and again my eyes were filled with tears.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Holy macarony! Haven't updated since... I don't know! :O I'm terribly sorry! Don't stop reading!!

~Love, Mil xxx