🖤 The Phone Call 🖤

As I sat, working out in my living room, my phone stopped playing music and began to ring. Frowning, as no one ever calls me, I reach out for it, yet drop it as I look at who it is. WWE. Taking a deep and shaky breath, I take hold of my phone and bring it to my ear. This call was going to tell me if I was going into WWE. I had previously been in a year ago, but that was only NXT. I was dropped due to personal issues not even my fans know about. This was going to get me into Raw, the place I'd always wanted to be in. If I did, I'd be in with The Miz and John Morrison, The New Day, Shayna Bayzlar, Nia Jax, Drew McIntyre. I'd be in with Rhea Ripley. Now, Rhea Ripley meant something different compared to the others. The others were all in Raw when I was in NXT, Rhea wasn't. Drew and Shayna had moved to Raw and did amazing for themselves, whereas Rhea was still in NXT, though she also did amazing. We got on really well, some may say too well.

Nevertheless, that is in the past! I had to let go of that. I had to answer the phone!
"Hello." A voice spoke on the other side, it was Vince McMahon.
"H-hi..." I almost whispered, my voice choked up in my throat.
"How are you feeling?" He asked, though I wished he would just tell me the results.
"Nervous." I laughed, glancing everywhere around me.
"Don't be." He reassured me, "you're in."
"I- what?!" I exclaimed, my eyes wide with excitement. I had to sit on my sofa as I'm sure if I hadn't, I would have passed out.
"You'll start next Monday. I'm not going to tell anyone, so it will be a surprise to more than just the fans. You'll receive an email about the plan. Congratulations." He told me, myself smiling as I was going to surprise Rhea!
"Thank you." Was all I was able to say, though with that Vince had hung up so it was all I had to say!

Cheering and shouting, I picked up my phone and called my best friend: Millie. She had been there for me this whole time. We'd grew up together, in England. She fully supported me when I moved to America to accomplish my dream of being a wrestler. She came out to see my first match, as she did when I was dropped from NXT.
"Hey!" She cheerily spoke through the phone, "any news from WWE?"
"Yeah." I sighed, trying to sound sad.
"Oh Maiya, I'm so sorry. It's their loss!" She spoke, "do you want me to fly out there to kick Vince in the face?!"
"No!" I exclaimed, trying to hold on my laughter, "but you might need to fly over."
"For a hug?"
"Yeah." I spoke, though began to smile, "and to see my first match on RAW."
"You little-" she began, though stopped and thought, "you're in?!"
"I'm in!" I exclaimed, receiving a cheer from her on the other side.
"Roger!" She cried to her boyfriend, "Maiya did it! She's on RAW!"
"You what?!" I heard him shout. I laughed as all that could be heard was rustling on the other side, "congratulations you absolute legend!"
"Thanks, Rog!" I laughed, "you two can't tell anyone! It's going to be a surprise to the wrestlers and fans!"
"Cool!" Millie exclaimed.
"My lips are sealed." Roger called, myself laughing. He too had always been there for me. He met Millie at University and they've been inseparable ever since. He flew with Millie to see my first match and to comfort me. Now, they've left University and opened a restaurant together. They, themselves, are the restaurant's band and they're amazing performers!
"Well, we'll see you soon then!" Millie called, Roger shouting something inaudible in the background.
"Wait, what?" I smiled, unsure if she meant she'd see me on TV or in real life.
"You'll see." She responded, before hanging up before I could respond.

I sighed, tossing my phone onto my bed before throwing myself onto it also. My head was spinning as I replayed Vince's words in my head. I was going to be on RAW! I got to meet some of my idles. I desperately wanted to tell the world I was back on WWE. I just wanted to tweet it, put it on Instagram and SnapChat and just scream it from the rooftop! But, I couldn't. I had to stay quiet until then. All I could do was sleep and wait for Monday Night Raw.