🖤 The Coach 🖤

I could hear Rhea keep calling after me but Drew kept pushing me up the stairs. We passed my room and arrived in front of his.
"Come on." He muttered, opening the door and gesturing for me to come in.
"I'm fine, Drew." I muttered, wiping my eyes.
"Sit down." He sternly told me, myself jumping slightly and sitting on his bed. The bed dipped slightly as he sat himself besides me, placing a firm hand on my shoulder.
"Talk to me." He spoke, seriously.
"I'm fine." I muttered, shaking my head as my tears fell to which Drew's hand gripped a little tight.
"Maiya."
"Fine." I groaned putting my head in my hands.

"It was my choice to leave." I began, "my mum passed away and-"
Before I could continue, a cry escaped my mouth causing Drew to wrap his arm around my shoulders.
"I get it." He muttered, "it's not fair."
"No it's not." I cried, falling into his chest, "I couldn't just carry on and wrestle. It didn't feel right. I didn't handle my grief well. I would barely get out of bed, I didn't want to train let along wrestle. I decided I was just taking the place of someone who would be willing to work so I just told Vince and he understood."
"And then?" Drew frowned, rubbing my shoulder comfortingly.
"And the he called one day and asked if I'd consider training go on RAW. I said yes and obviously got in." I took a breath, "I never told Rhea. I never told anyone, for that matter. I just wanted them to think Vince had let me go and that was it. I didn't want her or my fans to think I was weak."
"You weren't weak, you were grieving." Drew sighed.
"I know."
"So you and Rhea were close then?" Drew frowned.
"Yeah." I explained, "closer than we are now. We knew we liked each other and probably would have been together if I hadn't have left. I didn't even tell her that Vince had let me go I just hoped she'd think that. I couldn't talk to her."

Drew nodded, rubbing my shoulder lightly as I cried into his chest.
"I felt exactly the same when my mum died."
"You didn't leave though." I muttered, Drew slowly nodded.
"I know." He muttered, "but believe me, I wanted to."

After our heart-to-heart, Drew and I went to have lunch together before continuing the day as if nothing had happened. I simply spent the day in my room, responding to messages, stories and art from fans. I never saw Rhea for the rest of the day, that was until I saw on Nia's story that she was out with her, Shayna and Reginald.

Over the next few days, we barely saw one another. Drew and I stuck together, he was the main person I had. Of course, I still had Nia, Shayna, Reginald, Asuka, Naomi and Roman but none of us were as close and Drew and I. After Smackdown, we had to travel to our next location. Now, in WWE, we would travel in coaches. There were a few as there were quite a lot of us. Smackdown ended at 11:00pm, meaning we left at midnight. Drew grumbled all the way down the stairs, complaining about how tired he was and that we could just go in the morning instead. We boarded the first bus we came to, sitting together. Being the gentleman he is, I had the window seat and Drew the edge seat. In front of us was Nia and Reginald, behind was Riddle and Orton (Randy had already put in his headphones to drown Matt out) and AJ and Omos sat besides us.

Rhea soon passed us, slouching in a seat a few places behind us. By his point, Drew had fell asleep. His head lay on my shoulder as faint snores filled my right ear. The coach was pretty much full at this point, most of the actually nice wrestlers on this one. However, as Rhea sat, talking to Nikki and Alexa, someone came and sat besides her. I glanced over, seeing it was Angel Garza. He was sat really close to her, muttering something which caused Nikka and Alexa to face the front once more, a look of disgust on each face. The coach had now started moving, meaning Rhea now couldn't switch seats. I soon felt a tap on my shoulder, making me turn to face Randy and Matt. The sudden movement also startled Drew, making him look where I was.
"Have you heard what he's saying to her?" Randy whispered, Riddle nodding.
"It's weird, bro." He frowned.
"What's he saying?" Drew whispered, glaring at Angel who still seemed to be bothering Rhea.
"Well," Randy whispered, leaning closer, "Ray heard him ask about you."
"What did he say?" I asked, leaning even closer. Ray then leaned in and gestured for me to check my phone. As I did, I saw a text from Dominic on Instagram.

dominik_35

Hi, sorry to bother you but we can hear Angel talking to Rhea about you. He's asking if you two are together, if he can have your number, if you talk about him to Rhea. He keeps talking about your looks and body and it's so weird. We can tell it's making Rhea uncomfortable and honestly we think she's going to kill him if no one says anything.

I turned back and glanced at the family, Ray looking at me worriedly. I'm looking at Rhea, she looked really angry, especially since his hand was resting on her knee.
"One second." Randy spoke, before standing as the coach had pulled into a McDonalds so the driver could go to the toilet. As a few wrestlers got off of the bus, Angel stayed seated and refused to let Rhea stand either. However, this soon changed when Randy walked over to their seat.
"Angel." He growled before ripping the man from his seat. He gestured for Rhea to sit in his seat, which she gratefully did. Angel was tossed to the window seat, Randy flopping next to him. I glanced at Rhea who sat awkwardly besides Riddle and smiled.
"You okay?" I whispered, the girl nodding, a smile now present in her face.