🖤 The Break In 🖤

Waking up with a start, a thought had popped into my head. Riddle didn't lock the front door. Looking over to the side of me, I could just make out the image of a sleeping figure besides me in the darkness of the room. I slid out of the side of the bed and wandered around it, grabbing my phone from the bedside table on the other side. Opening it to a picture of Rhea and I, I saw it was 3:00am.
It's too early for this. I thought as I creaked open the door. Glancing out, all I could see was a pitch black corridor. Soft snores could be heard from Seth and Damian's bedroom and it was hard to tell who it was.

Slowly, I made my way down the stairs, having to turn on the light to avoid falling. I soon came to the living room, myself noticing Drew lying sound asleep on the couch. He was snuggled up in a small WWE blanket. I could just make out The Rock below Drew's arm, clutching it close to him. He was breathing softly, small groans and snores coming from him every now and then. My eyes then caught sight of the door. Without a second thought, I made my way over to it, trying to be as quiet as I could so that I wouldn't wake Drew. Riddle's keys were on the wooden cupboard besides the door so I always had that if it wasn't.

I placed my hand on the cold, brass handle and clenched it tight. I gently pulled it down, only slightly as to check, it reached the bottom. Great. I pulled it open slightly and began to push it back in. It wouldn't close. Frowning, I looked down to see something blocking its way. A foot. My heart stopped as I quickly tried to push the door in further and further, a hand now creeping it's way onto the room, clutching the door tightly. It was pale, at least the fingers were. The rest were masked with black leather gloves.

A scream was released from my mouth as I knew who was behind the door, now trying to barge his way in. I tried as hard as I could to keep it closed but he was a lot stronger than I was. My scream had woken Drew, at least, the man practically falling from the couch and stumbling to his feet towards me. He quickly switched on the light and immediately knew the situation. Horror painted on his face, he took hold of the door, pushing also to keep the man out. Desperate, I began punching and clawing at the man's hand whereas Drew was pushing and stomping at his foot, however it did little damage. In fact it only seemed to anger him more.

With one big heave, the door was shoved open, Drew and I falling to the floor. I was sat frozen as the figure slowly stepped inside, standing over me, head titled to one side as his yellow eyes stared deep into my own. Drew quickly, heaved himself over to us, shielding me immediately as he pulled himself up. He gestured for me to go behind the kitchen counter which I hesitantly did so.

The two men now stood face to face and I'd never seen Drew look more scared.
"Get out and nothing more will come of this." He spoke, attempting to be as calm as he possibly could. A small chuckle came from the intruder, the man taking a step closer. With one swift move, he knocked Drew to the floor, him hitting his head off of the corner of the island and rendering him unconscious.
"Drew!" I cried, staring down at my friend who was now staining the floor with his blood spilling from his head. My eyes now met the creature who took a step closer to me, stepping over Drew as if he were nothing. I quickly stumbled back, my legs like jelly. Desperately looking around, I took a kitchen knife lying on the bench, shakily pointing it to the creature.
"Get out." I stuttered, sounding small and pathetic as I could barely speak.

He didn't say anything, instead he took another step closer. Then another. Then another. Sudden footsteps could be heard behind me, the man now glancing over my shoulder. The door burst open which now caught my attention. Seth, Damian, Randy, Matt and Rhea stood by the door, all looking scared out of their wits. Seth's eyes quickly found Drew, causing a small gasp to come from him. I looked at my friends, my eyes focusing on Rhea, pleading for help. As I looked at my distractions, an arm snatched my waist and dragged me back by my hair. Another hand made it's way to my neck, keeping me facing my friends. He shifted his hand from my hip to my hand, taking the knife from it. With this, I began kicking and screaming which released the being for a split second. I took no time in leaping to my friends, only to be grabbed by the cuff of my shirt and tossed to the ground. Landing harshly, I groaned in pain as I looked up to Rhea and the others now hovering back slightly, the creature now creeping closer. A firm foot was placed onto my back, a groan of pain escaping my mouth as he did so. It felt as though my spine was being crushed which he seemed to enjoy due to a small chuckle coming from him. Glancing up, I noticed he now had the knife I had been holding in his grasp, fear washing over me as I realised the possibilities this could lead to. I wasn't so much worried for my own safety, but for the others. Drew was already in critical condition as it was.

My eyes stared at the deadly blade, then to The Fiend who's eyes lay dead on mine. With one more tilt of his head, he now looked up, his hand ready. In one swift move, the knife flew to the direction of the door, a scream echoing as it did. I could barely see due to my tears clouding my view which I desperately tried to blink away. Unable to see, I felt a stomp placed onto my head, my body now numb and cold as my head bashed against the floor.

"Maiya!" A scream cried as I felt arms quickly throw themselves around me. I slowly opened my eyes to a bright room in which Rhea lay besides me, clinging to my motionless body. What was he doing to me?