Austin's remorse

Diane takes off and disappears in the crowd. Kewa follows her. 

I am still on the floor but I get up and recompose myself. 

Austin follows the two of them with his eyes for a second then he turns around and he meets my eyes.

I hope he can feel physically hurt from the anger that my eyes transpire right now.

"I am sorry, it was rude of us to come uninvited officially by you. I thought Diane's invitation could suffice since the invitations of other house parties I have attended have worked by word of mouth"

He looks taken aback by my reaction, as if he was expecting me to explode or something. Seeing that my words seem to have an effect on him I continue.

"Don't worry about me and Shakill a second longer. We are leaving. Normally I'd go check how Diane is doing, but we don't want to impose on you a second longer since it's clear we are not welcomed here, so we are leaving now. It would be extremely kind of you, if you saw Diane, to make sure she is ok." I say it politely but with a tone through which I want him to feel little and silly for how he treated us.

He opens his mouth for a moment but then he closes it without saying a thing. The anger and cockiness previously seen in his eyes has now dissipated in puddles of shame. 

I take the opportunity to leave before his mood changes again, because I now know that he doesn't know how to control his emotions at all.

I take a last look at him and then I take Shakill's arm under mine and we make an exit. 

It's a shame I wasted all those years fantasising about meeting him. 

It's also a shame that someone that is so beautiful outside needs to be so ugly on the inside. 

I turn back one last moment before we get too far from the house because my heart longes to get just even a glimpse of Oliver. 

But instead all I see is Austin standing there where he was before. Looking ashamed of how he acted. 

He also looks stunningly beautiful. And for a moment, I feel sorry for him.

 And for a moment, I feel sorry for him