Parties stuff

"Calm down Austin" says Oliver raising up, leaving my side.

I wish he was still sitting down, his leg brushing mine. 

"What are you doing Deity? That's weed," Austin explains to me, worried. 

My mind goes ohh... because I have heard the name weed before but have never had a clue what it really was. 

During my childhood with Fede we were very naive and since we only hanged out with each other, we were never exposed to the "experiments" the other kids were into. 

When I moved to my dad's the story didn't change. For some reason he always checked my room fro drugs, but once again, I had literally 0 knowledge or experience with them.

"Relax Austin, recreational weed is legal in case you didn't check the papers," says one of Oliver's friends in a matter of factly tone.

I recognise him. He is the only one of Oliver's friends that attend our school. All his other friends are people from the island who attend public schools. 

The guy who just spoke has a reputation for being one of the smartest kids in school. 

The professors always praise him and tell students to follow his example as he is a high achiever. 

I am shocked to learn such a smart kid smokes weed. 

Should I be smoking weed? 

"It's in the papers," I say giggling to Austin because with all the alchool and weed in my body I am not making any more sense to myself either. 

Austin looks very irritated and for some reason that makes me giggle more. 

"Alright, we are leaving, I don't want to deal with one of your outbursts at this hour," says Oliver and his gang stands up to leave. 

Without even been invited I just follow them as if it's the most normal thing in the world.

Oliver's group of friends give me a weird look which I joyfully ignore in my ecstatic state.

"Deity where do you think you are going?" hisses Austin. 

"Here you are again, your annoying side is back," I say in a teasing manner, unable to suppress giggles. 

Shakill pushes Austin to the side and grabs arm "I don't think you should join them Deity," she says, looking very concerned. 

I don't get what's there to worry about. I am about to finally spend some time with Oliver, get to be friends with his friends. This could not possibly get any better. 

"Don't worry Shakill, we are just going to..." I look back at them for a little help.

"Smoke weed," says the intelligent guy with a questioning look as to why I am joining them.

"Smoking weed!" I repeat to Shakill opening my eyes wide as more giggles escape my lips. 

I hear them laughing behind me and Shakill's face looks even more worried.

Shakill looks worried and hurt. I gently push her hand still holding my arm away from me and join Oliver's group of friends on their way outside the basement.

--

--

A few minutes later we are on the floor of Oliver's bedroom. 

Laughter fills the room as we pass the weed from one to the other for what feels like hours.

Me and the gang, finally together, I think as someone passes me weed again. I inhale and cough and pass it to someone else.