Nothing is as it seems

%% BACK TO THE FUTURE, August 2023

As the arm grabs my shoulder as flips me around I gasp for air as I am flipped through time and all I see around me is the Forest, shining of a luminescent blue. 

A branch has snaked around my arm. How long have I been inside the Forest, which allows me to revisit the past?

I know I should go back to my real life, but the thought of having lost him is too much, and at least in the Forest I can go back to a time we didn't know better. 

My phone is buzzing again i my pocket. Probably "sweet" Linda again. I have no interest in answering. 

I follow the roots of the tree to the next memory and I disappear again in the past.

%% BACK TO WHERE WE LEFT THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER

As the end has flipped me completely I now gasp at the sight of the person in front of me. Her violet hair reminds me immediately where I saw her last, next to Oliver in the auditorium. 

"Are you here stalking?" she asks with a grin on her mouth. 

I don't have the strength to answer but as I open my mouth to give any decent excuse as to why I am here I am crushed my the fact that yes, I am probably stalking since once again I haven't been formally invited by the house owners. 

"Look please, I just need to apologize to Oliver and Austin for something that has happened earlier and" she stops me by placing a hand on my shoulder and making a long s sound, then she speaks.

"Look, last I heard Austin and Oliver were very tired of you coming in here to stalk them, you really better leave, now".

Slightly crushed, I follow her orders.

%%BACK TO THE FUTURE 2023

I snap outside the memory that I was in and I am surrounded once again by the Forest. Knowing what I know now about why she told me to leave makes my blood boil and my hands shake of anger.