CHAPTER 80

NANDINI'S POV

"So Manik was your date that day huh?"

I didn't knew where to start.I mean I know it was stupid of me not be careful but what made me most guilty was Chachu's reaction.He looked hurt more than disappointed.

But before I could say anything not that I knew what to say,Navya came shouting that fireworks were going to start.

When she spotted Chachu with me she insisted that even Chachu should come with us but he politely denied.I couldn't say anything more as Navya already started dragging me with her.

This wasn't any normal firework,it was "The Grand Firework" as quoted by an over excited Kabir.This is why everyone was eager to watch.This was originally supposed to be on both sides of the bride's car but adults thought it would be too dangerous and tried to cancel it.But when Manik and kabir insisted,they told to do it after Mukti leaves and there are only few people left who are not drunk.

"Where are we going?"I asked when Navya started taking me to the other side of fireworks.

"Terrace.Best place to watch fireworks."

Once we reached the terrace,we both stood together watching the fireworks.Well Navya did.My brain was too occupied to watch it.

"Where is Harshad?"I asked Navya trying to break the silence.

"Don't know! Don't want to know.He was starting to get wrong idea when I was getting close to him.So I told him to stay away from me."Navya shrugged.

"Everything good?"I asked concerned.

"He knew I didn't really mean any of those things I said when we were flirting.He knew it was all an act to make kabir..."she stopped when she realised what she was going to say.

"To make kabir what?"I asked.Now finding this conversation more entertaininging than the fireworks.

"Shut up!"

"Hey.You good?"I asked again after a while when I saw the zoned out look on Navya's face.

"I don't know.I feel like I'm running away.Running away from my thoughts,my feelings and..kabir.And that is what I want to do.Keep running away.Untill I know what I actually want."

I knew I should say something.Something to comfort her.Something that would contradict with the things she was thinking.But I didn't.I remained silent.

My own thoughts catching up to me.Even the loud voice of the crackers couldn't break the silence that fell on us.

My brain too occupied with guilt to process any of that.

We both stood there in silence staring at the tiny sparkles covering the sky.Somewhere at the back of my mind I knew what I was seeing was beautiful and also "grand" but my mind was filled with alot of thoughts to register any of it. What if I have did the only thing I never wanted to do?Did I disappointed Chachu like I have always feared I would?

I was drowned in overthinking when a hand snaked around my stomach and a warm chest was pressing against my back.I didn't really had to turn around and look to know who it was but I did and it was indeed Manik.

When I looked at him, all my regrets, worries and fears disappeared.And in that moment I realised,for this man I would do all the same things all over again.I can never forget the efforts he put to just bring a smile on my face.This man whom I thought was unattainable did all that for me.

Even after being tired from football practice and wedding preparations he took me for a ride saying he doesn't want to miss out on "our time".

I smiled looking at him and just like that he made all me forget rest of the things around me and filled me with happiness.