Chapter 5

Manik's POV

I stood there for few minutes just like that trying to figure out what actually happened.Did we really just lost the match because I tripped over something?It seemed so irrelevant thing to do at that time but before I could realise I bent to see what actually made me fall?

I took it in my hand and found it to be a bracelet...a girl's bracelet
...it was beautiful but before I could think of anything else I heard my name."Manik!!!" kabir came running towards me.

"Are you alright?"he asked me."What the hell just hap..."he stopped mid sentence looking at the bracelet in my hand.He looked between me and bracelet with his eyebrows raised seeking answers."I tripped over this sh*t!"I said angrily and stormed out of the stadium.

I was fuming with anger.This was supposed to be our game and we lost when we were so close and I was the reason behind it?This is ridiculous.I don't deserve to be their captain I thought while giving one more punch to the punch bag.

"That's not actually your fault Manik!"I heard a voice and turned to see kabir standing with my camera."Here!"he said and threw the camera at me.I caught the camera and gave him a bored look."I know you are self obsessed and like to take all the credit to yourself if anything happens to team but....."he smiled at the end ..he was trying to lighten my mood as he stopped to see my reaction and I gave him blank look."It's ok Manik not everything is in our hand ever heard about a thing called destiny?"he asked this time more serious.

I sighed and turned my gaze away from him and looked at the camera in my hand."Oh!I got this from the girl who was recording the match on YOUR camera because you told her so in return of a kiss!" Kabir smirked at the end.I ignored him and started to play the video.

"So when are you going to kiss her?"kabir asked trying to act serious suppressing his smile."Never in my life!"I replied still not looking at him."Woww!!!so Manik Malhotra found it neccessary to reply to me."kabir said dramatically.I shot him a glare and again got back to video..we were so close to win.

"So now that you replied me I wanted to show you something"kabir said and snatched the camera from my hand.I looked at him angrily and he ignored me as he forwarded the video a little and paused it."Have a look!"he said as he returned me the camera.I took the camera and saw our librarian in the audience.I looked back at kabir."What?"I asked.

"Look at him carefully!"kabir asked and played the video in slow motion.Then I noticed he had something in his hand which he threw towards someone but instead it came in the ground.It was that fu***ng bracelet which I tripped over!

I was so angry at him and wanted to beat the sh*t out of him but I controlled myself from doing that.As much as I wanted to beat him to pulp but I also knew it was just an accident.I calmed myself before I spoke again."It was an accident kabir!"I said with gritted teeth."Yup I know but I'm sure he doesn't know what he did!Don't you think he needs to learn a lesson.It's been a while that we met him.He must be missing us"kabir said with a mischievous glint in his eyes and evil smile.I smiled at him.That would be a good distraction I thought and smirked.

A/N
Last week I was busy so couldn't update.I couldn't keep up with the promise of updating daily.But this one is for sure.😅🤗I'll update every monday and Thursday.