Chapter 73

NANDINI'S POV

I came out of bathroom humming and smiling.

Finally! Mukti found her true love,was going to get married and live happily.I feel so happy for her.

The time when she cried and gave up on men after her break up with her fifth boyfriend had made me hopeless.I doubted if she would really find her match.But now that she did, I'm very much happy for her.

But I guess someone's not,I think as I look towards the bed and find Navya still in bed but looking upwards and tears rolling down her eyes silently.The Navya I knew would've screamed and cried when she is hurt but this Navya,she was suffering silently.She did the same thing last night.She woke up and laid there silently crying untill I woke up and made her sleep.

I jump on bed beside her and half lay on her.

"Hey Navya.Good morrnnninggggg."I scream and I saw the corner of her lips almost curl.Almost.

She wiped her tears and nodded her head.

"It's ok.It's not that bad."I say and  Navya looks at me like she would smack my face.She sits up and stare at me.

"Excuse me?what?"she ask but her face says she did heard that and she is daring me to repeat that.

"I mean he didn't said no"I said shrugging my shoulders and laying on my back.

"So you want me to wait for him to speak his rejection and get further humiliated?"

"Look I know you're not feeling good about it right now and you're not in a place to think properly."I say sitting up on bed and taking her hand in mine.

"But try to think about it.That's kabir!If he didn't had any feelings for you..you know how brutally honest he is.He would've said that on your face and probably had made fun of you by now.He didn't right?Infact he hugged you back tight.Am I right?"Navya nodded in response.

"So what I think is he does feel something but you know these things aren't easy for him.Let's give him some time."

"You don't understand."Navya said under her breath after nodding infront of me.

"What do I don't understand?"I ask her politely trying to look into her eyes but she bent her head and was avoiding my eyes.

"Tell me Navya?"I ask lifting up her chin.

"I feel rejected.Regardless of his response I feel bad.I feel stupid for rushing into things.I thought it was ok for two adults to do those things but it isn't.It isn't for me.The thought that even after all this time he still has the right to say yes or no makes me feel so low..I feel cheap.I shouldn't have done that."Navya says and this time burst into tears.

I hug her quickly and rub her back.I knew this would happen.I knew she would feel bad about this one day.

"It's ok.We can do mistakes.It happens with everyone."I say but those words wasn't comforting even to my ears.

Navya cried her heart out on my shoulder and I sat there hugging her not knowing what to say exactly.

"Navya.Can you not spoil this wedding time for yourself because of this?I mean who would dance in tonight's function?"I ask her as I give her towel after face wash.

She smile at me taking that towel.

"I'm good.Don't worry.I will dance tonight."Navya says and even though I knew she was still sad I was glad that she will try to be normal.My bestfriend is strong.I hug her and get a tighter hug in return.

Once I'm done with this wedding.I'll make sure there are only 2 teeth left in Kabir's mouth out of 32.

THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER BECAUSE I HAVE SURPRISE POV COMING UP AND I DIDN'T WANTED TO WRITE THAT IN CONTINUATION.SO HERE IT IS AND I'LL UPDATE THAT TOO SOON.INSHALLAH.TILL THEN BE CAREFUL AND  STAY SAFE ALL.LOVE YOU.☺️♥️