Chapter 37

MANIK'S POV

"Nandini will you marry me?"

We all laughed and started following girls into the house.This was supposed to be joke but when I was saying those words my heart beat had stopped as if she would answer me.Will things go really that far?

NANDINI'S POV

Things with Mukti and Abhi were perfect.They looked so in love with eachother and I was happy for them.Actually everyone around were so happy.We were sitting here after celebrating Mukti's birthday at 12'o clock and after the cake cutting.I looked at Navya who would steal a glance at kabir every now and then,who was oblivious to it.Like seriously kabir?Can't you just see?She loves you!Propose her and get married already.Ugh.I don't like him.And then I roll my eyes at my own thoughts.Marriages doesn't happen just like that.Navya is sitting to my left  while Manik is at my right continously trying to move the bean bag out of our way which I was using to put some distance between us.Every time he tried to remove it with no one noticing I would put it back to place trying to hide my smile and not thinking too much on how he wants to sit next to me.
            **"*****"***
After Manik,kabir and Abhi ran up,Navya and I went to Mukti who we thought would be crying but she wasn't.Her love life had never been easy so she just stood there emotionless staring at stairs.We both took her inside and I excused myself so that I could shower.I must be stinking bad I thought and took so long shower that I was sweating.Ok that didn't made sense but I was trying to prove it was hardwork.After I came out Navya asked me how was my day and I stood there glaring at her.She pleaded me with her eyes and I knew what she meant.She wanted me to tell about my day so Mukti would be a little distracted who by now was looking at me with a weak smile.But out of all things in the World Navya wanted this.Not that I wouldn't have told them everything but where do I start from?That kabir called me bhabi?Or how  Manik  got to know I was stalking him?then I saw him shirtless and then we almost kissed?Alot had happened.I smiled at myself thinking of it and how I don't regret any of it.So I start from start and tell them everything And in between I earned some whistles from Navya who was listening like she was watching some movie and that actually cheered up Mukti alot.After hearing everything Mukti wanted to talk to Manik about us but I told her not to do it.If he have to say something I want to hear it from him.Plus I scolded Mukti to not to support him as he wasn't either but I guess I was wrong.When I got to know the truth I was so proud of Manik.
      ****************

PRESENT

"Dreaming about Manik?"kabir said making me almost jump.I didn't realized when Manik left from beside me since I wasn't looking at him but just doing the push and pull with the beanbag.

"Huh?No!why would I?"I asked trying not to show my nervousness?what did he tell his friends about me?Well you can't be mad at him Nandu you told your friends too.Remember?I scolded myself.

"Just asking since you were blushing."

"Was I?"

"Does that mean you blush while you think about him?"

"Oh please!No! You're thinking too much."I said and turned my face away from him trying hard not to laugh.And then I saw Manik coming from behind us.Did I mention how Manik hit kabir when he accidentally bumped into me?Well I was planning to use that against kabir and I guess I just got my chance.You hurt my friend?I hurt you!

"I think you should leave"Manik said looking at kabir angrily and when kabir was about to leave I raised my hand said kabir to give high five.He looked confused but didn't hesitate and gave me high five.Just when he did,he just turned and left and I held me hand.
Manik quickly came and sat beside me looking at me concerned.

"What happened?"he asked worried.

"That hurt!"I said showing high five with other hand.

"Kabir hit you?"

"No! his hands are strong and it hurts.Ahh"I gave my best over acting and Manik rushed to kabir and punched him in his back while saying something and he looked confused.He didn't said anything to Manik but looked at me and I winced in pain.

"Everyone is going to room.You too want to go?"Manik asked coming beside me and I just nodded.I looked around and Navya was talking on phone and walking around and Mukti and Abhi were nowhere seen.I held my hand in other as if I was holding a baby. Manik put his hand behind me and it felt so natural so I didn't object plus I was in pain.Ahh.We went past kabir and when we were ahead of him I turned around and saw him giving me that "really"? expression so I just stuck out my tongue at him.Huh.No one hurts the people I like.I turned around and let Manik guide me till door.