Chapter 26

NANDINI'S POV

"Hi Nandini!"a voice rang in my ears and jumped in fear.I turned to look at my back seat and saw kabir sitting there.My eyes grew wide and I turned to look at Navya.Her face was flushed and I could see how hard she was trying not to show any emotions.

I wanted to laugh at Navya's face as she sat there as if trying to ignore the fact that kabir was indeed behind her.I had so many questions running through my mind to know if 'he' was Mukti's brother if not then who and why he is here and what about Mr.Mehta? but I didn't wanted to break the silence plus Mukti was on her phone chatting with someone.I smiled once again to myself at how happy Navya must be as Kabir will be with us for this trip.I wonder what Navya is thinking?

I leaned into the comfortable seat and then it hit me.Kabir was bestfriend of...does that mean....but didn't saw..wait!I didn't saw who's driving the car yet.Thinking about any such possibility my body filled with tingling sensation.I unconsciously leaned forward and tilted my head to side to see who's driving the car.And what I saw just made my fear or dream just come true.INDEED IT WAS MANIK!He was wearing a simple white shirt..wowww!he was wearing that same shirt which I saw in my dream?Oh not actually,it was a t shirt which I saw in my dream and this was a shirt.I myself rolled my eyes at my thoughts.But the thing was he was actually here!We were in same car.We would be spending three days together.My brain stopped functioning for a minute.I don't know what to say of what exactly I was feeling right now.Was it excitement?or anxiety? I quickly leaned back and closed my eyes and opened again as if Manik would disappear after this.I wanted him to disappear! Of course I wanted him around but I'm clumsy around him I don't want him to think I'm..wait how am I looking?What colour dress am I wearing?Is my hairstyle is good to match with my dress?Did he saw me coming?Did he knew I was coming?Am I panicking too much?May be out of these many questions I had answer for only one! Yes I was panicking too much!I need to relax.Unless he doesn't know about how I feel towards him.. it's ok.I take a deep breath and again relaxed into seat.I should try my best to avoid getting caught by him while staring.Okay!So now I know what Navya is thinking and how she is feeling.

"Hey!"Mukti said breaking the long silence in the car."Why are you both silent? Actually why's everyone so silent?"She asked and turned around and hit kabir to wake him up."Really kabir?You slept?"Mukti asked scolding him."What do I do?"he asked rubbing his eyes."We are going to celebrate my birthday!not someone's funeral!Manik play some music."she said this time turning towards Manik and he just hummed.He started playing some music that was slow and kabir started shaking his hands in fake excitement.

"You both alright?"Mukti asked looking at me.
"Yes!"I said trying not to sound nervous.
"Are you uncomfortable because of them?"
"No! It's.... fine."
"Just forget them!Be like they aren't here at all!"
I wish
"You listening to me?"
"Yup!"I said and Mukti gestured me to look behind her.I turned around and saw kabir sleeping on the backseat with his hands between his knees.I nudged Navya to look him and her eyes lingered at him for few seconds and then she released her breath for God know how long she was holding.I turned back and smiled at Mukti.
"Don't take him wrong.It's just that these people are used to going around with loud music.That's the reason..you know.. Never mind he's not going to wake up anyway so what about some girls music?"Mukti asked and we both nodded in excitement.Being nervous around Manik is a different thing but since he can't look at me I won't hold back myself from dancing.I always used to dance when I'm alone and happy and excited.And here I was all.

We played some Taylor swift songs which gained a growl of disapproval from Manik and for a moment I thought should I leave listening to her as Manik doesn't like her music?Then I did something very sensible!I left.Thinking about Manik!

Mukti and Navya shouted all the lyrics of the songs.I wanted to do that too but I didn't wanted Manik to hear my ugly voice specially when I'm excited I shout alot.So I just lipsynced to every song.Then Mukti played some party some and I decided I won't hold back anymore.This is it I'm dancing now.I can't control myself from dancing though I don't know a thing about dancing I did it anyway.We danced and Navya just got a chance to express how happy she was as she was all screaming and smiling and every now and then she would turn back and look at kabir who was still sleeping because he had cotton in his ears.And every time she did that I would nudge her to turn around as she might get caught staring at that idiot. We have reached the highway by now and we just got more chance to scream and shout as much as we want but I didn't.Ofcourse Navya and Mukti did.

We were dancing to a song I selected and it was Maluma's song so I was more than excited.I saw Mr.Mehta look at us and smile.I smiled back at him sheepishly and he gestured for me to continue and turned back.

"By the way Nandini"he said after a while and I stopped dancing a little frustrated as it was my beat and he had to speak at the same time.

"Yes.."sir I wanted to say but stopped.

"You should often be like this"

"Like this?"

"Like this!"he said and did particular step of dance I was doing when he saw me and I turned red.Not because my lecturer was saying me that but did he really had to say that in front of Manik?I just smiled embarrassed and nodded.While he chuckled and turned around.

We continued to do what we called dancing and I was really glad as I saw both of my best friends were as horrible as me at dance.But I was sure Mukti could dance well as I saw her once when she sent me her video of her performance in her college.She mostly was trying to get along with Navya's out of the World moves.We would every now then burst out into laughter at her dance.And When any song would end to which we were dancing we would end it with a dab.

Is it really necessary to mention I would look at Manik every now and then?And I was more than happy that I could stare at him without the constant fear of getting caught.

A/N

I would like to tell you people something.I'm a lazy person and I have zero motivation to do anything but here I am giving all my time in writing this.So I would love and get motivated if you people would vote and comment your thoughts and let me know how's my story what you think about it.

Yes!You got this! You can do it.(I'm trying to cheer my silent readers)Lol.Okay Bye.