Chapter 24

NANDINI'S POV

It was 5'o clock in the evening when I got out of Navya's house.We were worrying what to do if he sees the notification and we forgot that I need to go home.I quickly started walking towards my house.I had forgot to inform Chacha about being at Navya's house and by now he must have reached home and probably would be worried for me as daily I reach home before him.This had never happened before so I don't know how he will react.Whatever it may but I don't want to upset Chacha.

As soon as I reached home I saw the door open which meant Chacha was already home.I quitely opened the door and peeped inside.The kitchen was at left side of the hall.I went inside and saw Chacha in the kitchen.He was cooking something as I saw smoke coming from kitchen.I thought of going to my room silently as stairs were right in front of me and middle of the hall.But then I heard some noise coming from the kitchen.I saw Chacha dancing..seems like he's in good mood.I quitely went to him and closed his eyes from behind.But being the genius I am..."Chacha!"I blurted out.Then once I realized what I did I took my hands off from Chacha's eyes and Chacha started laughing.While I folded my hands and pouted angry on myself.

"Awww!"Chacha said as he looked at me and pulled my cheeks."Chacha!that hurts!"I said and rubbed my cheeks."So?How was your date?"Chacha ignored my protest and asked."What?"I choked out.My eyes came out and I didn't believe what I just heard."Your date?"he said again so casually while chopping tomatoes.Seeing his calmness I relaxed a bit."You don't mind if someday I go on a date?"I asked folding my arms."Someday?that means you didn't went on a date?".Chacha asked.I smiled and playfully rolled my eyes.

"But that's not the question!The other day you told me to stay away from Manik.I thought you don't like me to be around boys!"

"I said "I said stay away from him!" Not all boys.Look Nandu!You are grown up now.Ofcourse you can do whatever you like unless you know what you are doing.And for me I can warn you about things!But I won't be around you all the time to stop you from it.You are my responsibility and I'm trying best to take good care of you.Now Can I know where were you?"He asked me and smiled.

"Look at me carefully Chacha.Who would go on a date with me?"I said stressing on word "Me".And came into hall throwing my bag on sofa.

"Who wouldn't like to date you?Why would you say that?"Chacha came almost running behind me and sat on the sofa which was opposite to me.

"I'm not updated Chacha!I don't wear revealing dresses! That's what everyone wants these days.You know?"That's what he wants I wanted to say.

"You deserve someone who loves you what you wear,what you like,what you are!And I'm sure You'll get that someone someday surely among these same people who you think wants girls to be in revealing dresses.Not everyone are same.And whatever you are.. you are perfect and will always my sweet Nandu!"Chacha said and gently kept his hand on my head.My eyes welled up at his kind words.He was not less than my father.He never made me feel unwanted or the orphan I was.I was lucky to have him.He was all I had as a family and I was all he had.I quickly went and side hugged him though my hands couldn't go all around his stomach I tried to hug him.My smile faded a little when I realized something."Chacha what's with..."I wanted to ask him what's with Manik that he doesn't mind me being with anyone else but him but my phone ringed.

Instant smile spread on my face when I saw Mukti's name on my phone screen."Chacha you remember my friend Mukti?Whom I used to visit every time I came here?"I said Chacha holding my phone and showing him my screen.Chacha nodded and smiled then gestured me to receive the call.
"Oh yeah"I said and received her call.While Chacha practically ran towards kitchen.

"Hi!"I said.

"Hey Nandu!how are you?"

"I'm fine."

"You remember about my b'day party Right?"

"Yes!day after tomorrow right?Give me address and I'll tell Chacha to drop me there."

"No my darling Nandu! It's not one day thing."

"I didn't get you?"

"We are going to my farmhouse to celebraty birthday.And we are leaving tomorrow and returning after three days.So you pack your bags And we will leave by tomorrow."

I froze at her words and couldn't decide should I laugh or cry.What exactly was going on?Even after all the things Chacha said today he took me as his responsibility and wouldn't let me go alone for three days."Tell Mukti i said Hi!"Chacha shouted from kitchen and I could see him wash the dish as he forgot to off the stove and now whatever he had prepared was all burned.Chacha!And his cooking.

"You there?"

"Oh yes!but I'm not sure if chacha would let me go for three days."

"Oh he will!Give him phone I'll talk to him."

I went to kitchen and placed phone on Chacha's ear as both his hands were wet.

"Hi!

No

Yes

Yes

But

No

Happy birthday in advance

But no!"

Everytime Chacha said no my heart would fall to my stomach.I was overwhelmed by the thought of being with Navya and Mukti for whole three days.I really want to go.Chacha looked at me and I looked at him trying to look as innocent as possible.

"You want to go?"he asked looking at me.And I quickly nodded.

"Fine then you can take her!but you need to promise me ..."as soon as I heard those words in folded both my palms and started jumping up and down with excitement.

"Thank you chacha!"I said and chacha smiled.

"I was still talking to her."Chacha said and I realized I had removed the phone from him.

"Oh sorry!"I said and placed the phone back to his ears.

Chacha then made Mukti promise she would take care of me and then I took my phone and ran to my room as Mukti told me what to pack for tomorrow.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

Who's excited for Mukti's birthday?