Chapter 40

MANIK'S POV

The next day early morning we were once again loading luggage in car as last night girls took their bags out for night dresses.Now kabir was keeping the luggage while I was checking if all the rooms are properly locked when I heard Nandini shouting my name.I rushed her and found her standing holding her elbow and wincing in pain.I went beside her and asked what happened to her.She told me that kabir hit her with one of the bags and she quickly went inside the car and sat.I figured out Nandini was doing this on purpose I don't know why and I don't want to know.I would've anyway hit kabir even if he hurt her the slightest.I looked at kabir and he stood dumb founded.

"The bag literally touched her elbow.Can I know what going on?"kabir asked and I laughed.

"No"I said and hit him on his head with keys I had in my hand.He cursed and I went to sit in front seat.

We came back home safely and when we reached Nandini's home, Nandini's Chacha was standing at the door.I decided to get out and help her with her bag but she asked kabir for help so I decided against it and sat in my seat.She didn't even looked at me once before leaving.I was hurt but I didn't react, I'm not her boyfriend afterall.What can I say?Mukti went and talked to Nandini's Chacha and then came back and we drove home before dropping Navya at her flat.

            ************

The next day at college,the reality finally hit us.I decided I would talk Nandini today about things between us.At lunch time I texted Nandini to meet me at our class on third floor.While I was waiting for Nandini,my back was towards door.I heard the door open and I turned smiling so see Nandini but no.It wasn't Nandini,it was her.What was her name again? Nevermind.

"What the hell are you doing here?And how dare you come to this room? Don't you know no one enter this room?"

"You wouldn't pick my calls or reply my texts so I thought I would just come and meet my boyfriend."she said trying to act sexy but failed horribly.And when she said the word boyfriend I laughed at her face.

"Boyfriend? seriously?you meant nothing to me and I thought we were pretty clear about that.Now get the f**k out of here before I lose my temper and manners."I almost shouted.

"Accept it Manik you want me."she said smiling at me and practically jumped at me, trying to kiss me and pulling me towards her.I tried to push her away and guess what happens next? Nandini decides to enter.

"Guess I'm disturbing you.I'll just leave."she says trying to sound strong but I can sense the sadness behind her voice.I grab this girl's wrists fold them behind her back.Enough of being good.

"Don't you ever dare pull such stunt on me.You were the one who approached me telling me it would just be a fling,it was and now it's over.Don't you ever dare to come around me again."I growl at her and that shuts her up.

I rush out to catch Nandini but can't find her anywhere.I go and check in her class and she isn't there then I search for Navya but she isn't in class either.I rush towards canteen.Not even a single day in their normal college life and Nandini have to see this.

I was so lost in my thoughts and running so fast that I went past Nandini who was sitting on stairs which no one used.I had to take few steps back and look at her.Yes,it was her.She was sitting while hugging her knees and her back faced to me.I silently went and sat beside her.

"Hey"I said not sure how to start the conversation as she didn't looked mad at me.She looked just upset.She jumped a little as she heard my voice but then smiled at me.

"Hi"she said trying to look normal but too late for that.I was shocked that why she wasn't mad at me?.I had few incidents before where girls would try to claim me when I didn't even said a word to them but just flirted few days for fun.And here she was, Even though I clearly told her I didn't wanted to be just friends but more than friends with her,she didn't try to claim any right on me or shout at me.I knew she didn't wanted to do relationship but I intend to trick her into one.I do respect her wish but I also know for a fact that both of us want this.

"Look I'm sorry for whatever you saw up there but it wasn't exactly what it looked like."I said bringing up the topic as she didn't said anything and I couldn't hold any longer.

"It's ok Manik.You don't owe me any explanation. Besides She is your girlfriend, I'm sorry to walk in on you guys at wrong time."she said and started to leave.And it took me a while to realize what she said.I got up and caught her hand before she could step the first step.I thought she understood what I wanted when I said we were not just friends but I guess I'll have to tell her.

"Wait.Where did that come from?I thought I clearly told you that I don't want to be just..f*"k!"I took deep breath to calm myself.This was difficult than I thought it to be.How do I phrase it without using the term girlfriend?I never thought I would ask anyone to be my girlfriend but now I want to ask her so bad and I can't ask her directly.I know how exactly to play with that little mind of hers but it's a little complicated now.

I made her sit on one step and I rested my knees on a stair below her so that I was facing her.I once again took her hands in mine and said the words which meaned alot to me and I never expected to tell this to anyone any time soon.Though I flirted alot with lot of girls,I had a romantic side and serious things like relationship mattered alot me and I respect that.I tried to calm myself before I spoke,

"Be mine Nandini?I know you don't do relationshit..I mean relationship...I don't want to force that on you.Just be mine.We don't need any labels or tell anyone.For a fact,I know I don't deserve you but As selfish as it may sound,I want you all for myself."I said and her eyes watered and she sat there saying nothing and with every passing second my threatened me to come out of my chest.She looked at me for a while with a smile on her face but then something changed in her.Her smile faded and she snatched her hands away from mine.

"I'm sorry Manik!"was all I heard before she ran leaving me behind.

Your thoughts? Don't hate me.I know I'm late but I was just enjoying my holidays.I'll make sure I'm not this late next time.Till then enjoy.😙