CHAPTER 68

NANDINI'S POV

Now that I'm alone I couldn't help but think about how Nyonika will behave with me.I feel a little intimidated by her.I sigh thinking about her but when I turn and look at Manik my worries disappear.I smile looking at him.I could fight a thousand battles for this man.

Bring it on Mother-in-law.

I'm ready!

NANDINI'S POV

As soon as I wake up in bed my head start to hurt.If only I didn't ruined my sleeping schedule by sleeping untimely.

Wait!Did I just wake up in bed?

When Did I came back to my room last night?I do have a bad memory but not so bad that I completely forget coming back to room.Is my memory really that bad?

I feel someone move beside me and start to panic.Oh God! Don't tell me it's Manik.I cover my fully dressed body with sheets instinctively..I don't know why.

I blush profusely and pray things are not the way I'm thinking.I mean if something happened..I should atleast..wait.. what am I thinking?I brush away my thoughts and gather all my courage to turn around only to find Navya giving me strange look.She looked funny examining me with sleepy eyes and that's when I remember to breath.

"What?"she asks and sits up.

"When did I came here?"

"Came here?More like when were you brought here."

"What do you mean?"

"Loverboy brought you here last night in his own arms saying you were sleeping without blanket in cold."I blushed profusely when Navya dramatically described how he looked prince charming carrying his sleeping beauty.

I really need to be more careful while sleeping.I had always been sound sleeper.My parents always used to scold me for that.No doubt I don't remember coming back to room.I vaguely do remember being carried but I thought that was a dream.

I distract Navya by saying how we have to practice dance which we are going to perform today and run to freshen up quickly.If I'm lucky enough I might even get a chance to talk to Manik.I don't know how much busy he'll be today in receiving the guests so it'll be better to talk him in morning itself.

I come downstairs and look at the gaint clock at the wall.It's 9:15.I once again admire how big and beautiful the house is.Mukti did told me that her parents were rich and famous but she never bragged that her parents were The Malhotras.She could've flaunted about her wealth and fame but being the sweetheart she is,she never did.

I wander around hoping to bump into Manik and I hear voices coming from entrance.So I start walking towards entrance.I hear my phone beep so I look down at phone and just then bump into someone but luckily my phone doesn't fall.

"I'm sorry"I say before looking up and when I do..who thought my morning would start by seeing my Mother in law.

"Be careful"she said smiling.She seemed to be in a good mood.I nod in her reply and wish her Good morning.

"Good morning to you too.Had your breakfast?"she asks and even though she was polite,I get nervous and fail to hide it.

"No."I say thinking ..no overthinking that she might not take me for a good girl as I woke up late.An expression crosses her before she replied.

"Oh dear I'm so sorry but we all have breakfast at 8,if you miss that you will have to wait till lunch."she says and don't know why she chuckles after walking away from me.