Chapter 12

Nandini's POV

             Mr.Mehta said and sighed as if he was freed  from some burden.My eyes went wide and I felt numb.I just went blank for few moments."Sir!Can I change my partner?"I asked with my fingers crossed.It's not like I'm scared of him or something.I'm not scared of anything but.... okay I'm scared of him not only him I'm scared of boys!I never had any male friends.My first and last experience with boys was so amazing that it almost led me to depression.

           "NOOO!!!"he suddenly screamed like I asked for his life."I mean no!I can't do that.I already set all the partners and if I change yours others may demand it too.I hope you understand."He said in one breath and almost pleaded with his eyes so I just nodded my head."You alright?"Mr Mehta asked looking at Navya and I turned to face her.She was smiling from ear to ear with her eyes widely looking at me.Ofcourse she's happy.How can I forget how much she already planned about us liking each other.I was so angry at her that left her there and walked out of the room not even waiting to know who her partner was.I went back to class and Navya came after 5 minutes.She didn't said a word noticing how angry I was.After a few moments of silence I turned to look at her,she made eye contact with me and then looked down all the while trying to look serious then she looked at me for second time amd burst out in laughter.I gave up amd joined her half laughing and half crying."I hate you Navya!"I said and punched her hand as I rested  my head on her shoulder.She didn't reply me as she was laughing so hard.After she was done with laughing she turned to face me.I got up from her shoulder."What's bothering you?"she asked and I was glad that she sounded a bit serious this time."I don't want to do this project with him.I'm not good with making friends with boys.I don't know how and what to talk."I said and then lied about not being friends with any boy before.

             "Okay I don't believe I'm saying you this but you don't need to be around him much.I mean we have to work on this assignment in break and lunch time.So whenever you are around him just talk about work and then leave."Navya said it so easily and I agreed to her.This would be easy I thought.It was just a thought.

               As the break was already completed I had to go to him in lunch time.That means I still had two hours.The rest of the time went quickly much to my disappointment.I was so not ready to meet him.Okay!enough What's wrong with you?You got this.You can do this.As Navya said just talk about work and leave.Yes I can do this.I encouraged myself and stormed out of the class and bumped into someone..Hardd!!

            I looked up to see the face and my breath stopped.It was him.He didn't even looked at me started cleaning his white t shirt under his blazer.He ignored me completely and walked past me to the class.As he entered the class all the girls started shouting his name stood in their places.He quickly made them quite with his hand gesture and spoke.Ok his voice his attractive.Seriously Nandini?Just shut up.

               "Girls!I came to know who is my partner this for my assignment thing.Can anyone help me?"He asked and ignored the fact that even boys were in class.Plus He ignored me and is searching for me."Can I be your partner?"A girl raised her hand asked and then this other girls told she could be his life partner and he just laughed."We never know"he said and winked in their direction.I stood at the door and watched all this with bored look and my stupid friend Navya was looking between me and him trying to find the height difference between us.She really needs to stop.

              "I think she's over there."Navya spoke and pointed towards me.He turned towards me and I found it weird that he was trying to suppress his smile while looking at me.What's so funny?

             He came towards me and I was starting to get nervous for once again.And when he spoke directly to me for the first time I thought I would pass out."Hi!I'm Manik Malhotra."

A/N

Me:do I need to apologize again for being a day late?
Inner me:ofcourse you do.

    Sorry.This is what happening just in exams preparation I guess I need to take leave while my exams.Anyways enjoy this update.😁