Chapter 7

Manik's POV

I saw the time and it was 4 in the morning.It's been 6 hours since I laid on my bed tossing and turning.I turned off the lights in my room and laid there in complete darkness.I didn't completed my vlog too.I sighed thinking about vlog.May be it wasn't right for me to think this much about losing the match or blaming myself but I can't help it.This is the only thing where I put all my efforts and hard work.I never really care about anything else.I always loved only two things in this world and they were football and ME.And now I lost the football match because of me.Great!It couldn't have been worst than this.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone's ringtone.I took out the phone from my pocket and received the call but didn't said anything."Hello from the other siiiideeee!!!"I heard kabir's voice and a dull smile spread on my lips."What is it kabir?"I asked him trying to sound husky like I just woke up."You suck at acting Manik!so please stop!I know you didn't sleep at all"he said.I didn't reply to him.After few seconds of silence kabir spoke again,"Enough Manik I know what you are thinking but this is life.We don't have to always win.I mean okay may be we didn't won even once against them till now but that doesn't mean we will never.Most importantly stop blaming yourself.What matters the most is we gave our best.And what about the self obsessed Manik Malhotra?Where is he now?What happened to all the self love I taught you?"he asked and i could already imagine him smirking."now just stop over thinking and go to sleep or else you will get dark circles and I'm sure you wouldn't like your fan following to decrease."kabir said slyly..he knew I would never compromise with my looks and that threat actually worked.I nodded at him as if he could see me and ended the call and fell asleep.

The next day I woke up to 7 miscalls from kabir.I saw the time and it was 9:30.I turned my position and slept again.But the fu****g phone had to ring again.I turned and received the call."Manik are you alive?"kabir asked calmly and I hummed."Then I'll change that and kill you if don't reach college within 10 minutes!"kabir suddenly yelled at me and I quickly sat on my bed.I almost got a heart attack and I quickly ran to bathroom with my phone still to my ear."Did you hear me Manik Malhotra?"kabir asked me again in his earlier calm tone.I guess he has split personality disorder.

"Did you hear the flush kabir?"I asked kabir in the same calm tone as his."I was already awake before you called me I'm in bathroom and I'll be at college earlier than you can imagine you moron!Now get lost and lemme pee in peace!"I lied to him confidently and cut the call.

My sleep was disturbed when my phone buzzed.I took the phone and saw message from kabir."Meet me at library".I nodded and and almost freaked out when I realized where I was and what time it was.

I slept in my bathtub.Why do I need to go to college when all I get is punishment from lectures and empty threat from
principal that how he will kick me out of the college.But I'll get to see girls.I both questioned and explained myself.I smiled with my eyes still close and eyebrows raised.I came out of the bathroom,quickly got ready and reached to the college.

As soon as I reached the college I went straight to locker room as I forgot my watch in my locker. Yesterday I emptied all my pockets there so my watch should be there too.I opened my locker and something popped out of it but caught it in yime before it could fall.I looked down to it and I found it to be that bracelet.I controlled the urge to break it and put it in my pocket.As I know now that it belongs that librarian I'll return it to him.Ofcourse not with due respect but I'll return..and then I headed towards the library.I saw kabir standing against the notice board outside the library while looking at his phone.I went to him and punched his hand."C'mon kabir because of you we are already late..."I blamed him shamelessly.And he just looked at me with narrowed eyes lost in thoughts like he is searching for a perfect profanity to throw at me.I suppressed my laugh and asked him whether the librarian came.He said yes and we went both entered the library.This man was fun to mess with.I mean he acted all tough.He had his rules and regulations in library on how students should keep the books and library clean.And best part was he hated me.Sometimes I felt he hates me personally for some reason.But that only made this all more fun.Let the fun begin.

I went to the the shelf right in front of me while kabir went further in.We were four or five shelves apart from each other.And we could see eachother."Manik!who do you think have done that?"kabir shouted gaining everyone's attention."done what?"I asked him back acting clueless."I'm talking about yesterday's match Manik!don't you know?we lost the match because of a traitor from our college."kabir lied and I squinted my eyes in librarian's direction to see his reaction and I could feel his blood boil.He was staring at us with so much anger and satisfied me to the max but I wasn't done with him yet.I wasn't even started.

"Haww kabir...what are you talking about?do you know who is it?do you have any proof?"I asked with fake seriousness and a lot of drama."Yep!"he said."but why would anyone do that?"I asked kabir."Thattt you need to ask the person himself.Why don't you tell us..Mr.Librarian?"with this kabir cornered him as he went behind the reception desk.

Both kabir and I knew he would never do such thing.He was in this college since 20 years if my information is not wrong and was very faithful.He was also our principal's favorite.But being the as****e we were..we just wanted to put the blame on him just to get his reaction.
"Why don't you just accept that you people weren't strong enough to win the game?"he asked and I saw red.I hold him by collar and before I could do anything else.Someone yanked my hand away from him.

I slowly traced the hand to see the face of owner of it.Who had the guts to mess with me?And when I got to see the face I froze in my place.The only word came into my mind was "BEAUTIFUL!"

A/N

Ahhhhhhh!!!I'm freaking out....we just reached 1k!!!!!!!!!!!😍😍😍😍😍😍🤩🤩🤩🤩thank you so much to all awesome readers....thanks for all your votes and comments and views.Thanks for your support.😁😁Keep reading and keep loving me.😉😍