CHAPTER 75

NYONIKA'S POV

After the party ended,I walk towards terrace as I thought I saw Mr.Malhotra walking there.But while walking upstairs I notice that a room had it's lights on.This was the room where I wanted Kabir to stay.After his mother and my bestfriend passed away I bought kabir with me to my house and asked him to stay with us.He did stay for a few years but then he and Manik moved out.I never gave their rooms to anyone.It was and will always be their room.I got it cleaned everytime and sometimes when I missed them,I would go to their room.But seeing the lights on made me curious that apart from me who would go there.I went in to check and when I opened the door,I found least expected person to be there.

"Hi!"

"Hi"I replied back cautiously looked at the smiling face.

"You alright kabir?"I asked Kabir.Everytime I look at this kid,my motherly instincts kicked in.I was always worried about him since he never really opened up to us.Thankfully he did share his feelings with Manik but my heart always ached whenever I looked at him.When he was born,I promised his mother that I'll take care of him.But I failed.I failed to convince him that he was a part of this family.I failed to be a mother for him.

He never came back to his room after he moved from here.This was the first time I saw him here and he looked strange.

"You remember this?This was the last gift my mother brought for me."He was sitting on his knees on the floor and I sat uncomfortably beside him.He was  picking up something on which I couldn't focus since I couldn't look away from his face.There was excitement on his face while looking at things that reminded him of his mother?That was so unlike kabir.He didn't liked when anyone bought up his parents topic.He said he hated his dad but in reality he thought his mother was wrong.He never forgave her for leaving him alone behind her.

Kabir kept picking up things and bringing back memories related to them.The more he kept looking,more I got nervous.There was something definitely wrong with him.I kept looking at his face but then I couldn't take it,so I grabbed his hand and stopped him.

He turned to look at me but I couldn't read his face.

"What are you doing kabir?"I asked worried sick.

"Trying to remember mom"he replied and that made me even more worried.

"Why?"I tried to ask cautiously.

"You never did this before so why now?"I asked politely and carefully not to hurt him.

"Because I want to.I.."he trailed off and then sat comfortably on the floor.I did the same and sat down infront of him.

"Because I want to face it."he said looking at me teary eyed but not crying.

"I want to face that I hated my mother more than my father for leaving me alone.I want to face that she wasn't that wrong.I want to face that somewhere I was wrong for blaming her and my father.I want to face I was so angry at her that she kept waiting for that man that I didn't knew she was ill.And now I....I want to forgive her and myself.I....I want know why she did that..I want to stop hating myself every night that I could've took better care of her.I want to be a better person and I...I want to be my mother's son."he finished and I looked at him stunned.He never really confided in me but now that he did,my heart cried thinking what he went through all these years with such thoughts on his mind.He partially blamed himself for mother's death and that broke my heart.I tried to hold back my tears and wiped the lone tear that escaped his eye.

"Your mother wasn't wrong.Your father?maybe he's wrong.But this doesn't have anything to do with you.You were a kid,you didn't knew what was happening."I said sitting with my back against drawer and kabir came closer to me and laid on my lap.The mother inside me danced a thousand dance and I lovingly ran my hands through his hair.He was letting me do all the things which I always wished  him to do.He confided in me,he was letting me comfort him and he was willing to talk about his mother.I couldn't have asked for more.

"Your mother was very young when she fell in love with that man.We both got married at an early age.As you can see I'm still very much young."I said and kabir both nodded and chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?Am I wrong?"I asked hiding my smile.He shook his head in no and I continued.

"They both loved eachother.When they knew they were going to have you,your father decided that he now will take over his dad's business to support his family.His dad had well established international business which required alot of traveling.Your grandfather was very much happy to see his son become responsible and he said him to handle overseas business for five years then he'll hand over all the business to him.So your father stayed away from her for five years saying it's temporary so he didn't even wanted you to move with him abroad then your grandfather passed away which made him the owner of all the business when he wasn't ready.Your mother used to send your pictures.They wasn't on good terms but also they didn't wanted to leave eachother.One things lead to other and when he didn't return even after 12 years,your mother's father sent him divorce papers which wasn't received by your dad,there was some third person who got it signed by your dad and that's how they were divorced."

"Who was that?And how do you know it wasn't him?"kabir asked looking up at me.

"Because I didn't expected he would sign those divorce papers but when we got those signed papers,I went to his office and created his scene.I made sure I broke all the expensivs items which were in my way,as they were not allowing me inside the meeting room.But when your dad came out,that's when both your dad and I got to know it was your aunt.She knew her baby brother will throw everything just to be with your mom."

"Still he didn't came back?"kabir asked teary eyed.

"He did but your mother was ill by then.She was suffering from heart disease.Your father provided money for both of you even after divorce and took care of all her treatment but one thing he couldn't give her was time."I finished and found kabir staring into space.

"Now tell me,did I mention you anywhere in all of this?"I asked.

"Huh?"Kabir looked at me confused.

"No"he replied once he realised what I asked.

"Exactly because you were nowhere at fault.I appreciate your decision to forgive your mother and yourself.You wasted all these years thinking it had something to do with you but it wasn't.Don't do it now."I said looking at him.

"You didn't said I should forgive dad."kabir asked.

"Humans are weak.When things are not in their control they try to blame it on someone.I'm doing that too.He might be right,he might be wrong but I'll always blame him for my bestfriend's death.But if you're strong enough to forgive him,you definitely should."kabir listened to me but didn't replied.

"I'm sorry."kabir said after a long silence.

"For what?"I asked confused.

"For hurting you all these years mom."he said and I just stared at him in shock.I thought I couldn't get anymore lucky today but I was wrong.Kabir called me MOM.

"I know how bad you wanted me to be a part of your family but I thought when my own parents didn't love me,I don't deserve anyone else's love either.That's what I thought but I was hurting all of you along with myself.So I'm sorry for hurting you mom."he ended with a smile and sat up.He wiped my tears which I didn't know were flowing.

He hugged me and we both cried before I heard someone clear their throat.

"Can I get a hug too?"My husband asked.

Kabir nodded opening his arms and we all hugged again.

"There's one more thing I want to tell you."kabir said moving back.

"What"both Mr.Malhotra and I asked simultaneously.

"About a girl..."

How was the Chapter?
I hope the first thing you see when you all wake up is my chapter update notification.😝
I kept my promise.Now you people may as well vote and comment on my story.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️