Chapter 3

A bit Long chapter ahead...

Manik's POV

                    I drove my car like a maniac.I was already late and I was so not ready to take any chance of losing this match as I also had to practice before the match.I quickly parked my car and heard a few gasps as everyone knew to whom the red Ferrari belonged.I just sat in my car for few minutes as I adjusted my hair and then opened the door to be greeted by some blushing girls and others waving their hands at me.I was used to it.I winked and gave my signature smirk to a girl who was standing right beside my car talking to  whom I assume was her boyfriend and she blushed as she waved at me.I started to walk and chuckled to myself as I heard them arguing.Poor girl.

                  I took long strides and started to walk towards the college ignoring all the girls drooling over me on my way.As I was about to reach the stadium I heard a whistle.I rolled my eyes and didn't even turned around as I already knew who it was.

               "So finally Manik Malhotra is here!I thought you were scared and ran away!"kabir said trying to suppress a smile and I turned to face him."Just to remind you kabir that you are on my side!so stop giving me all those taunts and we may have a warm up match before those losers come."I said and pointed towards the stadium.Kabir sighed and followed me getting down from the bench he was sitting on while shaking his head as if I said something unbelievable.I smiled to myself and walked.He was so dramatic!I'm sure he must have been a girl in his previous life if anything that sort is true.

                 I took a deep breath as I looked at the stadium.Some students already took their seats although there was still time for the match to start.The whole college will be here in no time it's now or never I thought to myself as it's not just about my college it's about my team.This should be good.

Nandini's POV

                  I stood in front of the big gate on which it was written "A.C.E ACADEMY".I was a bit nervous to enter but just when I was about to enter someone bumped into me which made both of us to fall on the floor.

              "Ouch!I'm so sorry I didn't mean to..Are you ok?"a girl who looked of my age asked me as she quickly got up and gave me hand to get up.She too seemed to be a little nervous as I noticed  her ways.She was of my height and had cleanly put her hair in a braid.It seemed a little odd but I ignored the fact.I nodded in her direction and took her hand for support  to stand up and started to clean the dust off my dress.Just when I was doing so the girl squealed and pulled me towards her as a Red Ferrari went past us in full speed.If it wasn't her pulling me aside I would have surely been hit by the car.I mean who drives like that?I thought to myself and stared at the car as it went which I assume was parking area.Perfect way to start the day.

           "Are you ok?"a voice asked me and I turned to face the girl who was still holding me with both her hands on my arms

           "Are you ok?"a voice asked me and I turned to face the girl who was still holding me with both her hands on my arms.I nodded and mumbled a "thank you" and then she let go off me.

                "Hi!I'm Navya!"she said and smiled brightly  offering me her hand

                "Hi!I'm Navya!"she said and smiled brightly  offering me her hand.I don't know for what she was so excited but for some reasons it felt good.I shook hand with her and smiled.

                "I'm Nandini.Nice to meet you and thanks for saving me."I said.She smiled and we both started to walk inside the college."You know it's my first day today.So was in a bit hurry and I didn't saw you standing there and sorry for all that."she said feeling guilty."It's ok.Happens."I said taking in the view around us.There was big ground providing a lot of space for parking towards the walls side.All the students were with so much confidence and their heads high that I grew a bit self-conscious.Some students were sitting on their bikes talking to girls while there were some groups laughing about something lost in thier own World while some students gave us odd looks as we walked past them.Though I ignored them to the best but being in a new place and receiving such looks made me a bit more nervous.

                 I suddenly realized  I wasn't alone.I turned to look at the girl who was walking with me.Oh her name was Navya.I looked at her and she too seemed to be have same thoughts like mine as she was looking all around the place with her mouth wide open."So Navya!"I said and she turned towards me with a smile."It's been a month since the college started so why is it your first day?"I asked her out of curiosity though it was same with me."Because I was    in my city and wasn't enough stable to afford a room here and it took my agent a month to find a room for me and now I'm here a month late."she said with a sigh and was so loud that people turned and looked at us giving us annoyed looks.

               "It's my first day too"I smiled and said her."Why is it YOUR first day?"she asked me and my smile deepened.I told her how I was too timid to step outside in the new college and new city.We talked all our way to find our class and I liked her.There were many things in common between us like being new to the city and college.Plus she was my type.I felt relieved atleast one thing good happened till now.

           We attended our first lecture and  the bell rang announcing the dismissal of class.It felt odd to see so much less strength of the class as I was sure there were  many my students.My thoughts were interrupted  by the vibration in my bag.I took out my phone to see Chacha's name pop on my phone.Who else could it be I thought and received the call.

            "Nandini?"chacha asked."Chacha?"I asked in same tone he called my name."Seems like someone's happy?already got a friend?."chacha asked and I smiled looking at Navya who was watching me with her eyebrows raised her lips set into a straight line as if not sure how to react."why did you call chacha?don't you know I'm in my college attending classes?"I said suddenly trying to hold back my laughter.Chacha was quite few seconds and said"I'm so sorry to disturb a sincere student like you who wasn't ready to go to college this morning."he said sarcastically and I frowned.I'm sure he must be laughing now.After I didn't said anything chacha spoke again.

           "Actually Sorry to disturb you but I called you say you again forgot your bracelet.I'm at college and I want you to come and meet me at some place."he said and I quickly looked at my hand.Indeed I forgot my bracelet.No doubt I had was about to get hit by a car and had a bad start."I'm sorry chacha I rushed to college..."before I could complete my sentence I was cut off by him."It's ok Nandu I just want you to come and take this bracelet.Can you come to the stadium?As It's the nearest place I am standing to."he said and I said him ok before hanging up the call.I took Navya with me and we both started walking..basically asking everyone the way to stadium.I will never let go of my bracelet ever again I thought.