Chapter 27

NANDINI'S POV

Is it really necessary to mention I would look at Manik every now and then?And I was more than happy that I could stare at him without the constant fear of getting caught.

               We were sleepy by the time we reached the place where we would be staying.Half way into the journey and we were tired so we gave boys the control to play songs while we plugged in earphones and slept.When the car didn't move for long we woke up from sleep with no idea of what was going on.I checked the time and it was 2'o clock.Manik told that it was long time ago when they came here while construction so he was confused and now we were lost.It was first time they were visiting here since it was built.

"So what do we do now?"Mukti said rubbing her eyes.

"Hotel?"Manik asked.

"Trivago!"I said mindlessly still a bit sleepy and everyone turned around to look at me including Manik before they burst into laughter.Then I realized I actually said that out loud.Not even a day had passed and I've started to embarrass myself.Great!

MANIK'S  POV

         For the first time since morning I turned to look at her directly.Her cheeks were red as if she's embarrassed.But why was she embarrassed?She was funny, beautiful and intelligent."And committed!" my brain reminded me and once again I was angry.I banged my steering in anger earning a suspicious glare from Abhi.

             Last night when Mukti's name popped up on my screen I wanted to cut short every manners of hello how are you? And just ask her how did she knew Nandini but it didn't went as planned.Because Mukti was more excited than me and SHE didn't said hi hello and directly jumped to asking me if I remember her longtime best friend Nandini?I said yes for once in shock.Then I said yes in realization then I said yes in agreement.Then Mukti said she would join us tomorrow for Birthday party and I said yes in excitement!

"You alright Manik?"

"Yes!"

"Do you mind if the girls join?"

"Yes"

"Yes?"

"No!I mean no!yes!They can join.After all she's your only friend who doesn't seem to be b**ch behind your back.Atleast that's what I had always thought about her."

"Yup you are right.So see you tomorrow.We need to pick them up from Nandu's house."

"Them?"

"Yes her friend would join us too."

"Okay.Good night.I love you Mukti.You are really the best sister."

"You alright Manik?Do you want something?"

"Nah!you gave it to me before even asking.Ok.Gotto go.Good night."I ended the call couldn't wait for tomorrow.She will be with me for three days.I was beyond excited and couldn't control the stupid smile on my face."Manik?"kabir asked from beside me.We three were sleeping in the same bed.I told them if they plan to live here they better select their rooms as I have plenty of them.But they would always say they won't stay here then after all the rubbish talk and some drink they would end up sleeping on my bed then one of us would be on floor by morning."Why are you smiling in middle of the night? That's creepy!"he said when he saw me smiling.I knew he was still very much in sleep and drunk but I had to say to him because I won't be able to handle this much excitement alone."She's coming with us tomorrow!"I said not expecting any response seeing his condition but he did."I thought she was committed.He said as he turned around and put one of his leg on Abhi.He slept after that but what he said kept me awake for a long time.Though I was with many girls but I never went for committed one's.Because I never had to.But I had this respect for them.I would never want to break a couple.

       "She's taken! she's taken!"I kept repeating to myself till I convinced myself even though she comes tomorrow I won't look at her.

           Loud honking sound brought me back from my thoughts when I checked I saw my hand on the horn I quickly removed my hand from steering wheel. When Mukti said she doesn't want to stay in hotel and want to go to her farmhouse,I had no option but to call dad.I could have did this before but I didn't wanted to disturb him but now I had to.After getting the address we went straight to our rooms and told cook to prepare lunch as soon as possible.

              After lunch girls decided to go for swimming in our backyard swimming pool while we boys decided to hit the other pool(pool game).Mukti had said us they would be shy because of our presence so we were staying away from them.And it was good.Though she was looking edible in that yellow dress of hers I had not seen her.I caught her few times looking at me but may be just because she didn't expect me here it had me little confused on why she would stare me? .But no I wasn't seeing her in the  car with my mirror which I didn't adjust to look at her. Not even when she was dancing in the car.I didn't see her when her hair were all over her face due to wind while she was sleeping and looking so f***ng beautiful.Nope!I didn't saw her.Shit! I'm f****d up!

              It was 7'o clock in evening and I said Mukti we could play some games together which would be harmless and something they won't mind so that we would be together for sometime.I saw her at lunch but that wasn't enough.

              Now we were sitting in our backyard and decided to be typical and play dare or truth.When Mukti asked Abhi about his first kiss he said it was when he was in 4th grade and his friends forced him to kiss his forced girlfriend and he threw up after the little peck as he thought now the girl would be pregnant.It was fun and Navya seemed interesting.When Mukti playfully dared her to slap Kabir she did it without being nervous or thinking twice.Don't know about others but I enjoyed it very much.Oh how much I would tease him for this rest of our lives.

          Now finally the moment came for which I was waiting all this time.It was Nandin's turn and I had to ask her question as she chose truth.There was something about her today.She was happy and wasn't like usual.By usual I mean always trying to keep herself away from me.She knew I was going to ask her something and she was smiling and looking at me casually.This is it.I'll ask her now.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"I ask her in a single breath.

"Nooo"she said mindlessly with a smile while my eyes widened.Then it turned around.I had a smirk on my face while her eyes grew wide and she covered her mouth with her hand.Got you little liar.

Got you little liar

The secret is out.Nandini is caught.What do you think will happen next?