Chapter 21

MANIK'S POV

I ran to my room and jumped on my bed.I opened her pic and stared at her.Damn she's beautiful.Does she really have a boyfriend?

NANDINI'S POV

One week later.

"Check it once and let me know if there is any mistake."I asked Manik handing him my assignment.Since he helped me with it I thought I should show him the assignment before submitting it."Yeah cool!"Manik said handing me back my assignment.

I took the assignment and looked at it.I didn't wanted to make eye contact with him but also I didn't wanted to leave yet.I wanted to see him closely one last time.Seeing him that day with that girl made me realize how much attracted I already was to him.The other day when I came to class I was decided I would be formal with him.Knowing Manik I thought he'll make it difficult for me but something strange happened that day.He too was focused on the assignment as much as I did.That made me relieved and hurt.Mostly relieved.I guess.That just confirmed my thoughts on which type of girls he prefers.But at the end of the class something ridiculous happened.He asked me if I had a boyfriend.I wanted to shout "no" to his face but as soon as I realized it I thought if that what it takes to keep him away from me I would do that.I just nodded in his direction and almost ran out of the class.

I slowly raised my eyes to see him but also I didn't wanted to get caught.I looked at him and saw him looking at his phone.I sighed in relief.I cleared my throat to get his attention and he just hummed in my direction.From the day I told him I was committed he was being mean towards me.Anyways,I don't care."Thank you.I'll be leaving then."I said and he just waved his hand at me without even looking at me.I turned around and went for the door.I guess this is it.I can never be the one for him.

After submitting the assignment I came back to class and Navya was nowhere to be seen.She had to complete her assignment alone so it took her time.The partner Mr.Mehta chose for Navya was such a mannerless guy.When Navya went to him he gave Navya an odd look and just like that he said he won't help her with anything!For once I want to meet him so that I'll make sure he won't do that again to anyone.

"Hey!"Navya said and I smiled seeing her.She sat beside me with a smile on her face and I knew she was done with her assignment."I don't want to attend rest of the classes.By the way You Remember your promise?"Navya asked looking at me."Which promise?" I asked her full aware how much that would make her angry."Seriously? you promised you'll come to my home when we are done with our assignment."she almost yelled at me while packing her bag and I just chuckled."Yeah I do remember but why are you packing your bag?".
"Because we are leaving.Now."
"Yeah!sure!why not.?"I asked in a mocking tone.
"Yeah because I don't think Your CHACHA would let you go to my house after five.And that's what the time will be till he comes home and you ask him permission.I guess this should be enough of explanation.Now pack your bag".When she finished I knew not to angry her further so I just packed my bag.

When we walked out of class I started walking towards the library.After a while when I didn't feel Navya beside me I turned around to see her and she was standing far away from me with her hands fold showing she was angry.I ran to her and asked what Happened."Seriously Nandu?Where do you think you are going?"
"Library?to ask chacha permission?"
"Do you think he'll give you permission?"
"Yes he ..."
"Nandu baby!listen to me!we are bunking the college.okay? this is called bunking and we don't tell this to anyone except friends when we are bunking.okay?"Navya said in a fake baby tone trying to hide her anger and I just wanted to laugh badly at her.I was so focused on her angry face that it took me time to realize what she said and till the time my brain could process she already dragged me out in the ground.So I just gave up and let her lead the way while she was holding my hand and literally dragging me.

Half way into the ground and i thought I would just message chacha about going to Navya's house.There was no way I would lie to him and I knew he wouldn't mind.So I just pulled my hand from Navya and started checking my bag and that's when I bumped into someone.

When I lifted my head to see.I couldn't believe my eyes.At first I didn't recognize the face as I didn't except to see her here like this but when realization dawned on me I jumped in excitement."Diiiii!!!!"I screamed and hugged her tightly.She was my best friend since five years.We met on social media and since then we used to share everything.But because she lived in Mumbai and me in Hyderabad we couldn't meet that much.But whenever I came to Mumbai to meet Chacha we always met and that's how kept with this long distance friendship.Atleast that's what we called.But since I left using social media I lost contact with her too.

" Nandu!how many times should I tell you don't call me di!Call me Mukti!"she scolded me a little and smiled."That word seems to me equal to aunty"she said straighting her hair at end as if trying to physically removing that word from her.I chuckled looking at her and looked at Navya who was looking between us confused."Di I mean Mukti this is Navya my best friend and Navya this is Mukti my best friend more like sister."I introduced them."What are you doing here?"Mukti asked when she moved after hugging Navya."Shouldn't I be the one asking you that? What are you doing in my college?"I asked and giggled."Your college?wow!"she said and laughed with me."Hey I'm sorry I just vanished from social media and didn't texted you I just had literally shut myself from everything and..."before I could complete my sentence she side hugged me."Hey! it's ok.I understand.I know what had happened with you.But let's not go to back stories there are lot of things that I need to tell you."she said in excitement and it made me excited."Hey how's your boyfriend?"I asked her."He left!but I'm not even thinking about him.There's something I have to tell you but for that we need to meet.Day after tomorrow!at my birthday party!And you too are invited"she said looking at Navya and without thinking twice I just nodded.

"Thank God I met you because I was worried how I'll be alone with those boys."she sighed in contentment."Boys?"I asked her."Yup!my brother and his friends?"she said and I remember how she always used to appraise her brother.Though I never saw him,he must be a great guy.As much I knew about him he was very caring and sweet.So being with him wouldn't be difficult I thought."He too is in this college.So I'll go and invite him.And you both give me your number so I'll come and pick you up on my birthday."she said and we exchanged numbers.We said her goodbye and started walking towards Navya's home.It was always good to meet her.I was glad to get such a good friend back.

A/N

I'm sorry for not being active but lately I've been running out of motivation.☹️I'm trying my best to keep up with the schedule so just give me some time and support.The next update will be on Thursday and from there on it would be as planned.Monday and Thursday.☺️