Chapter 29

NANDINI'S POV

"Pillow fight!" Navya said and threw a pillow at her and we all started the war.I mean pillow fight.

              I woke up as I heard someone scream loud.I opened my eyes and saw Navya staring at me like I was ghost.She kept her hands on her mouth trying not to scream more but she was horrified.I tried to go close to her but she moved back as I went forward.Mukti woke up from behind her started rubbing her back soothingly."What happened Navya?"she asked.
"Nandini"was all she could manage to say.
"What happened to Nandini?"
"Her eyes!"said Navya and then I understood what she was talking about.I felt sorry for her and also I wanted to laugh.
"Navya I'm sorry to scare you but this is how I sleep.It's normal."I said.My eyes are half open when I sleep.Since my eyes are big they don't close completely while I sleep.And for anyone who see me first time sleeping its scary.But what can I do? It's natural!I don't know if it's not.

Navya sighed in relief and Mukti and I burst into laughter.Then we heard a knock on door.She must have woke up whole house.And nope.I wasn't secretly hoping it to  be Manik.Mukti said she would answer it.We didn't switch on the lights so we were in darkness while there was light in the corridor so we saw Abhimanyu standing at the door.He talked to Mukti and smiled then they laughed over something."Goodnight.SIR!"We heard Mukti say in "seductive"tone if I'm using the right word and then he leaned in pecked Mukti's lips.He turned to go but again turned back pecked her lips.This time I turned my head so that I don't see them then I saw Navya who was watching them with her mouth open.I covered her eyes with my hands.She quickly yanked my hand away but Abhimanyu was gone by then.She looked at me angrily and I stared back at her amused.Mukti came beside us blushing and fell on the bed.She turned to her side was ready to sleep.Seriously?Did she really thought after all that we would let her sleep?
We both woke her up by shaking her roughly.

"What?"Mukti asked trying not to blush and laugh.

"Care to explain?"Navya asked bringing both hands fingers together and making kiss gesture by hands.

"In morning? please?I want to sleep now."

"So you both should have kissed in morning.I want to know everything now!"Navya said and I looked at her amazed.Mukti and Navya had got well  along with each other.

"I'm..maybe dating Abhi"

"What's maybe?you either date or you don't"this time I asked her."

"Your SIR is too Coward so I can't say we are exactly dating but I think we both like each other alot.Don't know about him but I think I love him."she said and looked at ground smiling and blushing.

"I need details."Navya insisted.

"Okay so the first day we met,it was when my brother was studying from him for some assignment for a girl.Must be lucky girl because Manik never study.That's not the point anyway.So..."I was trying to concentrate on her rest story but I couldn't hear her anymore as my brain was processing what she said.He studied from Abhimanyu for me??This is not the time.Listen to her,I scolded myself.

"Then when I asked for his number and showed I was interested in him he panicked.It was clear that he was interested in me too.But he said he can't do this as I was Manik sister and he was panicking saying this and that and I couldn't control so to shut him up I kissed him."Mukti said and chuckled.It felt weird to hear such things about our lecturer but the way Mukti was telling with so much love and admiration it felt so cute."You should see him when he blushes.He is so shy.You know this is the first time "he" kissed me.Otherwise it always me."

"Yeah we saw how shy he is.He kissed you in front of us."Navya said.

"No.He didn't knew you people were awake.I said him you saw cockroach in bathroom and Nandini was sleeping.If I hadn't lied he wouldn't have even talked to me in front of you people."Mukti said and rolled her eyes.

"So you went to him when we were in room?and that was the reason your face was flushed when you came back?"I asked  her and she nodded.

"So where did I left?"she asked.

"You kissed him."Navya said  quickly.

"Yup.Then he was quite till I left and I gave him my number.But he didn't called me for three days.After days when he called me he said he and Manik are growing very close now so he won't be with me."

"Then how are you two together now?"Navya had to ask.

"Coz no one can resist me."Mukti said and winked and we started to laugh as we were sitting with blankets around us.After all she was Manik's sister.Self obsessedI don't mind though.

"So he's scared of Manik?"Navya asked.

"He's not scared of Manik.He's scared that it would ruin their friendship.He says he didn't had real friends for long.Now that he have them he doesn't want to lose them.I don't know what exactly bothers him."Mukti said and she sounded sad.

"It's ok.Everything will be fine but you know what's the best part? He's good.Like really good."I said and Mukti jumped in excitement.

"Really?"she asked and I nodded.She had been in relationship before and showed me their pics and told me everything.But no one was good enough for her.Every boy she was with before was with her either because of her popularity in college or her money or her looks.No one ever seemed honest to me.And me being her Best friend,it bothered her that I never approved any of her boyfriends.I belonged to those people who are single from as long as Mankind's existence but give relationship advise and can judge boys from far away.Maybe not in our own case.Never mind.So now that I said Abhi was good Mukti was very happy.

I smiled at her we all hugged.
"Come on let's sleep now I have to wake up early tomorrow."Mukti said.

"And go and kiss Abhimanyu"Navya added and received a punch on her shoulder from Mukti.
"I want to wake up early too."then she said.

As Mukti was going to sleep on her side Navya stopped her.

"You sleep in middle and I'll sleep in corner."Navya said to Mukti.

"But you said you have this habit to roll in sleep.What if you fell from the bed?"mukti asked looking at Navya.

"I don't mind."she said looking at me and I rolled my eyes and controlled myself from laughing.

"Okayy"she said and came beside me.

And once again I was thinking of her words before sleep took over me.

Did he really?
Why would he do that?

Who saw that coming?Mukti and Abhi, I've always liked them.How about you?Who else sleep like that?My sister and I do.😂