CHAPTER 76

NANDINI'S POV

I finally woke up when I heard my stomach rumble for the third time.I tried to wake up Navya but didn't.She wasn't sleeping much these days, it's better not to disturb her.

I come out of room and as expected,it was silent everywhere.I looked at the big clock in the hall and it was 5 in the morning.It was so silent everywhere.I started walking down the stairs leisurely taking one step at a time.Half way down the stairs I heard someone curse and the voice was coming from the kitchen.

It must be Manik,I think and start running down the stairs.There's no way I'm mistaken,I would recognise his voice even if I'm half dead.Even cuss words sounds good coming from his mouth I think and giggle.

I walk down and find him searching for something in the shelves.I stood there staring at him.Just looking at him was comforting and was enough to make me feel happy.

"You are distracting me babygirl."Manik said.I turned red and quickly entered the kitchen.When did he saw me?

"What are you doing?"I asked trying to brush off my embarrassment.I tried to hop on the kitchen counter but it was too high so I gave up.

"I was looking for something to eat."Manik said finally facing me and intently looking into my eyes.He kept looking at me like that and I averted my eyes from him.He came coming closer till I was trapped between his body and the kitchen counter and still I didn't looked at him.His hands grabbed the sides of my waist and before I could say anything he lifted me up and made me sit on the kitchen counter.I squealed as he effortlessly did that.

He stared in my eyes leaving me no choice but to look at him.Staring intensely with that serious look on his face made him look intimidating.He came close till our faces were inches apart and I closed my eyes.And all he did was place a light peck on my cheek.When I opened my eyes he smiled at me.This is my Manik.I instinctively smiled looking at him.He was about to move back but something caught his attention.

"You wear this?"he asked looking at the necklace he gave me.I held the pendent in my hand and looked at him.

"What do you mean I wear this?Ask me if I even remove this?!."I said offended looking at my pendent.I silently apologized to my necklace.He just underestimated my necklace and mine bond.

Manik looked at me in aww and kissed my forehead.

"I'm honoured babygirl!"he said fake bowing infront of me and I laughed.

Manik chuckled looking at me and moved back.He finally found the pan which he was looking for.He smiled in victory and then started beating some eggs.

"Are you trying to cook something?"I asked him.

"I didn't knew you could cook"

"Because I can't babygirl!"Manik  laughed while beating eggs and looking at a video in his phone at the same time.

"What?then why are you cooking?"I asked a little bit scared.I mean even I don't know cooking so I can't even help him.

"I was so busy in recording the video that I didn't ate properly."

"Same."I replied in a low voice.

"Really? you're hungry too? Actually I can find something for you.Tell me what you want?"Manik asked worried.There must have been alot of food from last night.

"It's ok I don't want to eat heavy food at this time."

"Good.I actually prepared  omlette two times in my life.So I think I can do this.I'll prepare this for both of us."Manik said confidently and that made me feel relieved.

"You know I can't cook"I said while he beautifully poured the egg on the pan.

"I will cook for you."Manik said coming towards me.He might have said that casually but the way he spoke didn't sounded like he was talking just about present.

"What else you can't do?"he asked now standing in front of me and his both hands resting on the counter beside me.

"Dishes.I don't like doing dishes."

"I'll do the dishes."he said leaning a bit closer.

"What else you don't like?"he asked now standing between my legs.Though I was sitting on the counter,Manik was leaning over me.

"You"

"Me?Why?"he asked leaning closer full aware that I don't mean it.I liked this thing about him.He knows I love him even when I say I don't.

"Because you seduce me and still don't do anything!"I complained and by now our faces were just inches apart.Manik smirked when I said that and that was the last nail in the coffin.

I lost my patience and kissed him.

Manik smiled against my lips and for some reasons it made me mad.I locked my legs against his waist and Manik too bent a little,then I kissed him fiercely.He didn't mind for few seconds as if enjoying my anger then he took charge and started kissing me gently as if consoling me.

Everything feels unreal when I am with this man and I'm not even complaining.I locked my hands around his neck and his were around my waist making me feel safe in his arms.

We both were in our Lala land when I smelled something.I tried to break the kiss but Manik protested against my lips so I just smiled and continued.But then I guess Manik smelled it too so we broke the kiss but we both were so out of it that we didn't knew what smell it was exactly but by the time we realised what was happening,the pan was on fire.

As soon as we saw the pan we both panicked.Manik quickly tried to switch off the stove but his hand didn't reached there.He turned to look at me smiled.

"Babygirl.You need to let go of me."he said and when he saw I didn't understood he looked down where my legs were locked around his waist.That's why he couldn't turn off the stove.I quickly let go of him all embarrassed.

Manik took the pan and placed it under the sink.I opened the tap we both waited for the smoke to vanish.Once all the mess was cleared we both laughed trying to keep our voices low till our stomachs were in pain.The omlette was now a part of the pan.

Manik sat on the ground while laughing.

"I'm hungry."I said sitting in front of him and pouting at him.

"So am I babygirl."he said squishing my cheeks.

Just then,he received a text.I turned around to look if all the smoke had evaporated or not and fortunately it did.By the time I turned back,Manik's expressions had changed.

"Where's your phone Nandini?"he asked and my heart dropped.He didn't called me babygirl.

HOW WAS THE CHAPTER?FINALLY SOME MANAN SCENE AFTER A LONG TIME.I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT.