Chapter 65

NANDINI'S POV

"You bought it."he said happily and  looked at me admiringly.

He slowly leaned in to kiss me and I closed my eyes.This Man made me forget where I am what I am doing.All that matters when we both are together is he makes me feel loved.I waited for Manik to kiss me and then I stiffed as I heard someone clear their throat behind us.

I'm not ready to be embarassed infront of Manik's Mom.

Shit!not again.

MANIK'S POV

I heard someone clearing their throat just when I was about to kiss my babygirl and I knew exactly who that someone was.I opened my eyes to look at my babygirl whose eyes were closed with pleasure a second ago were now shut tightly like she didn't wanted to open them.Aww...seems like my babygirl  didn't get along with my mom yet. I chuckled at her and turned around to look at dad.

"Yes Mr.Malhotra.How Can I help you?"I asked him smilingly trying not to pay too much attention to my heating cheeks.Ofcourse this is embarrassing but someone need to play it cool here and I'm sure it won't be Nandini.

"What I want is for you to behave in your parents house and for that beautiful girl over there to come with me.I want to have a conversation with her."

I looked at my dad shocked and my eyes danced back and forth between two of them.My babygirl nodded at me assuring that she doesn't mind.I shrugged my shoulders and let her go past me.My dad smiled at her and took her somewhere.

Ok Manik.Don't think much into it.

But seriously?What do my dad need to talk to my girlfriend?

Which reminds me of...

I smiled devilishly at my thoughts.

NANDINI'S POV

Manik's dad was least bit intimidating.His looks said he could be intimidating when time requires but he was so polite to me.

When he said he wanted to talk to me I wasn't nervous at all which was a shock for me.I guess he makes me feel very much comfortable.

"I hope you're not tired."he asked while we were going downstairs.

"Umm..no.."I said awkwardly as I didn't knew what to call him.I mean should I call him sir?or Mr.Malhotra?or dad?

I smiled to myself at the last one.Control Nandini.

He took me to a room downstairs and held the door open for me gesturing me to enter first.I nodded my head in his direction and entered the room.

The first thing I noticed as I entered were the walls.They were all covered in posters.Posters of Shahrukh Khan.

In the corner there was a bed, a cupboard and a study table.On the other corner there was a walker, red cycle and a scooter.I looked at everything around and went to take a close look at the posters.There were posters of different movies starring Shahrukh khan but none of the movies were recent one.

"This is Manik's room."Mr Malhotra said finally breaking the silence.I turned around to look at him.He was smiling while looking at cycle.

"These are all his childhood things.Since guests will be coming by evening or tomorrow I thought to show you these now."He said and I nodded my head.

"Manik was a big fan of him as a kid.I even brought him his autograph for his 12th birthday.Which he took along with him while moving out from here."he said smiling looking at a poster.

"He watched every single movie of him.And strongly believed in true love.He won't tell you this as he thinks watching romantic movies will make him less of a man."he chuckled saying that and I smiled with him.

"He always thought that love is a one time thing so even in his teenage he didn't date anyone saying he wasn't that much sure of his feelings.Afterall he is my son..so he has to be wise."he said smilingly and I chuckled out loud.So here's where Manik got his self obsessedness.

"I don't want to take much of your time but I want you to know that you're the first girl he ever talked about infront of us and you're the first girl he brought home which certainly means you're very special to him."he said placing his hand on my head and I felt a constriction around my throat.

"I am at an age where I can judge people looking at them and I liked you since the first time I heard about you.Manik told me everything about you both and judging by that and what I saw earlier... you're very simple.But the people around you might not be simple.Manik and you both belong to very different environment so If you ever encounter any situation where you feel you don't belong here..you don't belong to Manik's World..just remember this is what he believes in.Even now."he said and looked at me and I tried my best to hold in my tears.Hearing Manik's dad say that he was serious about me was something I never imagined. I just nodded my head and he smiled at me.

"Can I ask you something?"I asked after having a debate in my head to ask this or not.

"Yes."

"Why ..are you.. telling me this?"

"You know..just for future references ..since you're going to be here with us.We both know you didn't had ..you know.. perfect first impression on Nyonika so she might not make things any easier for you either."

I gave him an embarrasing smile and he bursted into laughter.

What actually happened that day he asked while we were walking out and I hid my face in my palms.

I feel he's going to tease me for this for a long time.

But still I like Manik's dad.

"Oh yeah by the way Nandini you can call me uncle."

"For now"he said and winked in my direction.I looked at him and nodded not meeting his eyes.Did he really mean..?

Well..I don't want to think.

Seems like staying here is going to be more interesting than I might have imagined.