~ • Chapter 1: Notice • ~

Walking.

                                Walking.

                                                                  Walking.

                                BOOM

                      'What was that?'

Y/N L/N, a 15 year old, first year student at a local school in Sendai, she was currently taking a walk around her neighborhood to calm herself. She was currently going through a tough time as she had recently lost the last person alive in her family, her aunt...

Y/N was fully aware of curses and the Jujutsu world, she didn't bother to look into it or get into it, as she had no interest in it whatsoever. "Blood. Tears. Death." Those were the only words she knew about the Jujutsu world. She was a shy and quiet girl, she was extremely antisocial but when she did get to know people she was an ecstatic and somewhat loud person. Those three words that were mentioned about the Jujutsu world scared her, frightened her, 'Death? That's scary...' that's all she thought about when those words were said.

"What the hell was that?" Y/N heard the loud boom and saw the school that the boom came from. She ran towards the school, Y/N was extremely fast, she was a part of her schools girls basketball team and was team captain. Running along the side walk when she arrived at the school she noticed the name 'Miyashiro Prefectural Sugisawa Third High School'. "Hatsune..."
Those were the only words Y/N could mutter. Running farther down she saw two boys, one wearing a odd looking uniform, one shes never seen before, his hair spiked out in different directions and another boy wearing a yellow hoodie and a pair of Jean shorts, his hair was a mix of a salmon pink and brown. "H-Hey!" She yelled as loud as she could. The noirette was the first to speak up, "Leave now! This is a dangerous matter!". Y/N was confused but she decided to continue running towards the two until they arrived at the gate. "W-What's happening?" Y/N asked almost out of breath. "Don't worry about it, you shouldn't be he-" The noirette noticed something about Y/N...

                            'Her hands...'

"H-Hey, answer me!" Y/N said with a concerned look on her face. "N-nothing, stay here." he hopped over the fence as, Y/N and the Salmon head said in unison "I'm coming too!". The salmon head spoke up "It's dangerous right? I've only known them for a couple of months but their still my friends. I can't just stand by!" The noirette looked back with a deadly stare and said "Stay here", after that he ran towards the school. "Who is he?" Y/N questioned, still confused about the situation, "That's Megumi Fushiguro, he apparently is looking for something called a 'cursed object'". Y/N froze, 'cursed object?'. She thought about it but then ignored it.

                            Bad Decision.

"H-Hey, who are you anyways?" Y/N questioned the salmon head. He just turned red, as if he was embarrassed by not introducing himself in the first place, "Y-Yuji Itadori, sorry about that...". "Your fine don't worry about it, we just need to go help, I have a feeling that something bad could happen...". "Your right let's go!" Yuji tried moving, he couldn't. "Oi, what are you waiting for?" At this point, Y/N was scared about the decision she was about to make but she was also irritated at the fact the she was nothing but useless right now. "What am I so afraid of...?" "W-what?". Yuji was staring at the school with wide eyes, he looked stunned, afraid, and unsure about what was happening at the moment. "That's right" he said as if he was remembering a detail, "I can sense death all the way out here". "Death". She knew something was wrong...Cursed Energy. She sensed and felt it, the immense amount of cursed energy that was surrounding the school. 'I knew something felt off from the beginning...damn it I really am an idiot, aren't I?'. "I'm afraid of dying, was I afraid of it then?" Yuji kept going on, Y/N felt the pressure, the fear, the scent of death. Once Yuji said that, it made her think about it, 'What would happen if she died? Was she afraid of death? Of course she was, she was mortified, hearing that word made her want to scream, cry, hide.'. After Yuji finished what he was saying, Y/N didn't hesitate and immediately jumped on the gate. "Yuji..." he looked at her with surprise, "We're going to help Fushiguro-kun". The amount of determination in her eyes and the so called "curse" he held with his grandfathers last remark was enough to encourage him to jump onto the gate along with Y/N and run towards the school to help Megumi.

Y/N and Itadori made quite the entrance, smashing the window to the school, Megumi was surprised by the act, "Itadori!", both of them jumping onto the curse and punching it as hard as they could. Yuji grabbed his upperclassmen and scooted to the side and as Y/N's combat instincts kicked in, she grabbed a shard of glass and stabbed it into the curses eye. 'Jeez these things are even scarier up close', she then removed it and skid to where Yuji was standing with his upperclassmen. The girl laid unconscious in Yuji's arms and the boy, over Yuji's shoulder. Y/N turned around to see Megumi's Divine  Dogs munching on the curse. "I would usually be pissed and ask what your doing here...but good job" Megumi spoke to the two of them. "I-I'm sorry, I felt like it was the right thing to do". Y/N bowed to show him that she genuinely meant it. "Why so haughty?" Yuji said and also went on to question what was eating the curses. "My Shikigami. You can see them, then?" Megumi had such a monotone expression that it didn't even seem like he was surprised by it. Both Y/N and Yuji nodded, Megumi then went on to explain that they could only see it due to the fact that they could be on the verge of death or in 'special' places, like the place they were in at the moment. "Makes sense, I've never seen a ghost or anything before tonight" Yuji added.

Y/N stayed quiet, she was able to see them since she was little, she didn't pay any mind to it though, it wasn't of her concern anyway. "Oi, you, could you see them before or anything?" Megumi had acknowledged it to Y/N, 'Shit'. "I-I can and have a-always been able to see them...since I was little..." she looked down at the ground beneath her. Both of them looked at the girl who was shaking at the sight, scared, Megumi walked up to her and put a hand on her shoulder to reassure her that she'd be okay, she looked up at him, she looked into his blue eyes and saw comfort, calmness,...Exactly what she was looking for when she went out for the walk she was on before she met them. She mouthed a 'Thank you' to him for his reassurance as she turned red by the sight. Megumi then looked at Yuji, "You're not scared, are you?" Y/N looked at him too, she was taken back by the fact that he asked that since Yuji didn't look scared at all, he was calm and collected. Interesting. "Well, I was scared for a bit. But do you know,  people really can die." Y/N and Megumi were confused, "Huh?" Megumi didn't exactly know what he meant by that.  "So I at least want the people I know to have proper deaths." Y/N looked at him with awe in her eyes, 'Proper deaths, huh?' She smirked at his comment, he was the first person she had ever heard say something about leading people to deaths that he felt were 'proper'. The real question was 'what is considered a 'proper death'?'. "Not that I really get it myself- woah" Yuji grabbed the odd looking object. "Wait a minute-" Y/N stopped, she knew something was off about the object, she knew the energy was extremely strong but something about it was wrong. "Ryomen...Sukuna..." the only words that were able to come out of her mouth, the so called 'King of Curses' finger, an object that is poison to a human, was the only thing that she knew about curses since she heard stories about him from her parents. The two boys were both astonished by what she had just said, one knowing what she was saying, the other no knowing but surprised by the fact that she knew what it was.

  Yuji held up the finger, "This is it?", Megumi nodded his head, "She already explained most of it for me, special grade cursed object Ryomen Sukuna's finger. Hey, I never got your name." Y/N stood there embarrassed, 'I'm such an idiot, that's the first thing I should've done!' "Y-Y/N L/N, sorry about that." "Don't worry about it, it's a miracle it didn't get swallowed." Megumi turned his body to face Yuji again. "Why would anything eat it? Does it taste good?" Y/N laughed a bit a his remark, Megumi looked at him with disgust in his eyes "Don't be stupid. You'd do it to gain stronger cursed energy, it's really dangerous so hand it over now." Megumi held his hand out as he was about to grab the finger. "Sure, Sure" Yuji was about to hand him the finger when Y/N looked up at the ceiling at the curse that was right above them, all she could do was gasp as Megumi noticed too, his Divine Dogs noticed too and started barking.

Megumi pushed both of them back to move them out of the way.

"Run!"

"Megumi!" Y/N said trying to reach out for him as the curse smashed down in between them as the wind pressure knocked both Yuji and Y/N along with Yuji's upperclassmen to the side.

'Shit, this is bad..."

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of At first sight~! This (again) is my first time writing a fanfic so if there are any typos or mistakes, please feel free to let me know! I constantly had to look back at the first episode to help me write this lmao. Yet again thank you and enjoy the rest of the story!

Lilly, out!

|| Word count : 1767 [including a/n note]||