~ • Chapter 24 : Perseverance • ~

"It's just getting started!"

Maki, Megumi, and Y/N were left to deal with the curse, Toge and Kamo were down and out for the time being until someone aided them.

"You guys are fine to fight right?" Maki asked the two.

Megumi looking to Y/N, the glimmer in her eyes showed her readiness. She gave him a nod "I'm perfectly fine!" Y/N said, gripping her sword tightly. Megumi smirked and looked towards Maki, "Yeah, we're fine"

"Let's kick some ass, shall we?"

Maki being the first one to make a move, "Special Grade Cursed Tool : Playful Cloud!" She yelled as the curse tried it's best to hold up against it, but it was sent back about 2-3  miles away from where they were before. "That thing is a special grade? What amazing power!" Y/N said looking at Maki and the weapon in awe. "Now's not the time, we still gotta get rid of this thing" Maki said looking at Y/N and Megumi, both first years nodded.

Megumi had sent out his Demon Dog that was different from before, it seemed more beast like than anything. It was able to make a more of a deep scratch on the curses arm before backing up. Maki and Y/N moved in, both swinging their weapons at the curse, the curse blocking it yet again. Megumi came from behind and striked the curse from the back with the cursed three sectioned staff. All three moved back distancing themselves from the curse.

"Maki-san!" Megumi yelled, as he threw the staff her way, as she threw the sword his way. Y/N being able to make a distraction by creating a giant wave of water splashing it down on the curse, "Matter Manipulation, Coarsing Stream!" She yelled. Surprisingly with the pressure of the water, it sent the curse flying back a couple feet.

"You need to find a less complicated name for that" Maki said rushing towards the curse, "I know!", everyone passing their weapons down to each other. Y/N with the three sectioned staff, Maki with Y/N's sword and Megumi with the sword he once had.

"You sure you know how to use that thing, Y/N?" Maki asked getting ready for the curse to get back up again. "I'll do my best!" Y/N said, Maki and Megumi deadpanned, if she didnt know how to use a special grade cursed weapon, it was over.

The curse finally got back up, all three squaring up again to be prepared for the next attack. Y/N being the first to move in swiftly and surprisingly handling the weapon.

'Maki was right...this thing is kinda annoying to use, but kinda fun!'

Y/N was finally feeling it, she was getting into it. The staff was going with Y/N's flow, as the girl zoned out into her own world.

Y/N's mind was in another place, her actions were unlike before, her body moving before her mind could process.

"...erofeb morf tnereffid etiuq gnivom s'ehs, gintseretni erom tog tsuj sihT"

"This just got more interesting, she's moving quite different from before..."

Hanami spoke out loud, it was true, Maki and Megumi couldnt even recognize the girl and her swiftness. The three tokyo students continued attacking without hesitation. Dodging and attack, continously switching weapons among each other. Y/N completely zoned into the battle, not a word from her was heard other than when they called to whom they'd swap with.

'She is different right now..' Megumi thought, in all honesty he thought she was just pissed about what the curse had said about her. In truth, Y/N caught onto the feeling of being at her best in combat. If we're being real, Y/N is the last L/N, this means nothing really, but no one could've matched her level in such little time as her.