~ • Chapter 21 : Group Battle 1 • ~

'Are they trying...

To kill Itadori?!'

Y/N looked at the Kyoto student's circled around Itadori in disbelief. Why would they want to do that? "Who do you think put them to this?" Megumi asked, Maki answering with "Principal Gakuganji" "You mean the Kyoto Principal?" Y/N asked. Maki nodded at Y/N's response.

"Unbelievable..." Y/N said.

"Listen, new plan..." Maki said looking at the two first years, "we don't have much time to do this so pay attention..."

After a quick game plan, Y/N, Maki, and Megumi waited for the right time. Y/N was to make a distraction by destroying the ground surrounded by trees, as Maki and Megumi tried to fend off the Kyoto students.

"Wait for it..." Maki said quietly yet loud enough for the two to hear. Y/N's gloves were off revealing the diamond imprint of her clans symbol on her hands. The tension was strong, this was something no one was expecting coming into this event. "Now!", Y/N sending an immense amount of power into the ground forcing it to break the ground beneath Kyoto's feet.

Maki and Megumi fending off everyone who went at them, Y/N looking at Yuji with an 'are you alright?' look on her face, Yuji nodding with reassurance as Todo went to attack him. Y/N looking towards the Kyoto students, Maki was caught up with Mai and Miwa, Megumi caught with Kamo as Mechamaru and Momo retreated towards where Nobara, Toge, and Panda had gone. Y/N rushing towards Maki to aid her, drawing one of her swords from her back holster. The sound of metal clinking against each other as Miwa's and Y/N's swords clashed. "You take her, I'll take Miwa!" Y/N yelled taking on Miwa drawing her away from everyone else. "Don't order me, just be careful!" Maki said fighting her younger sister. Y/N smiling a bit and going in to attack Miwa once again.

15 minutes...

It's been 15 minutes since Miwa and Y/N had gone at it. "I'm not giving up....until I beat you..." Y/N looked at Miwa, her uniform covered in dirt, the bottom of her hem was torn off. "And I'm not either...." she responded, Miwa was more beat up than Y/N, clearly, Y/N was winning so far, but Miwa had no intentions of going down easily.

"You know, not to send hate towards your way of anything but..." she looked Miwa straight in the eye. "Your kinda weak..." she smirked. She hit a nerve in Miwa that made her absolutely snap. Miwa said no words and straight up went for blood against Y/N. Y/N being able to move out of the way, and making the ground under Miwa shake and crack. Miwa was shocked as she used her cursed technique, waiting for Y/N to get within her range, once she did Miwa attacked getting one good cut on the cheek of Y/N. Y/N taking a step back and almost faling of a edge that led to a small pond like area.

Oh...

This will come in handy~...

Miwa went at Y/N again but this time, using her environment as a resource, using her cursed technique and sending Miwa into the steep waters.

"Ouch...that looks like it hurt" Y/N looking down from the remaining part of the edge, Miwa struggling to get up as Y/N got down into the waters and planted Miwa on the ground. Miwa's katana was near her, Y/N taking a glance and without hesitation grabbing it. "You know, having three katanas is cool! Reminds me of a pirate character from a manga I read...". Miwa seemed to had lost her consciousness, Y/N checking on her, making sure she still had a pulse and didn't kill the poor girl.

It was fair to say though, she was good.

Y/N proceeded to walk back into the forest surrounding her, her phone buzzing and ringing in her pocket. Maki had sent a quick message asking to assist Toge. He wasn't doing anything than just scouting the area and exorcising curses. Y/N quickly went to go aid him.