~ • Chapter 19 : The Start of Goodwill • ~

"You guys ready for today?" Maki asked.

Today was the Tokyo-Kyoto Goodwill Event, after weeks of grueling training and a short break in between, this was something everyone was ready for.

Except Gojo....he hadn't been at school for at least a month already.

All he said he was doing was he was doing a mission overseas or something like that. Y/N couldn't help but notice something off about their teacher at that time. He was in a rush AND he was actually doing a mission on his own rather than handing it off to them.

"I'm ready to beat their asses!" Nobara cheered, Megumi and Y/N deadpanned, they had worked hard for this day but was it really something to be excited for? The fact that they go to show off their skills that they've improved over the weeks was a plus but there was nothing special going on other than that.

"That's the spirit!" Panda cheered along with her, "Megumi, Y/N?" He looked toward the two who were eating their breakfast at the table. "Huh?" Y/N said, picking up a spoonful of rice. Megumi just stared with a confused expression. "Nevermind..." he said looking away, "Takana?" Toge said, he didn't speak often, or at least as Y/N has heard, he did give off a lot of good combat advice over the weeks. Although Y/N was still trying to understand every word Toge would say, she was able to make out what he was saying at times, other times Panda would come over and translate to help better understand.

"Well, when you guys are done, go and get your stuff ready, the event starts in 2 hours" Maki said walking off with a smirk, "Oh and..." she stopped in her tracks. "Let's kick some ass, yeah?" She smiled, 'Maki is so cool!' "Yeah!" They responded, there was no way Y/N was going to mess up her first impression basically at Tokyo Jujutsu High, and her impression on the Kyoto Jujutsu High students. Y/N truly has only used her cursed technique once during her battle with Sukuna only because she still hadn't had it under control. These past weeks she devoted herself to find a way to use it without hurting herself too much in return.

"Are you ready, Megumi?" Y/N asked, the noirette looking to his side to her. "I guess so, this is still my first time in this event so there's not much to look forward to" that was true. Typically, First years weren't allowed to take part in the event, only Second and Third years, but since Maki and her gang were short a person and the third years were suspended, the only choice they had was to participate to keep the event going.

"Right, well...let's hope for the best!"

"Yeah"

Y/N got up and cleaned up beforing going to her room to get ready for the battle between schools. She put on her uniform, made sure she had sharpened her katanas well, and all her essentials were in her leg holster. She went and looked into the mirror, 'am I really ready for this...?' The nerves finally kicked in for her, was she really ready to go out and fight? What if she goes out and absolutely bomb her first impression?

A knock was suddenly heard on the door. She was already ready and just needed on more thing, her mother's neck choker. A symbol of her bloodline and one of the last remaining things of her family. She put it on and rushed to the door opening it. "Hey, you ready?" Megumi asked as the door swung open. Y/N hummed at his response and nodded, "Let's go then..." he said waiting for Y/N to close her door and lock it, then proceeding to walk out to the main courtyard to finally meet the Kyoto students.

"Hey, why does everyone not have luggage?"

"Question is, why do you gave luggage? The event is being held here."

"DAMMNIT YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!"

Nobara threw her luggage to the ground, as panda and the rest of the Tokyo students sighed. They were at the main courtyard waiting for Kyoto to show up. "Your not nervous at all, Y/N, right?" Maki asked looking at the girl. "N-nope...I'm 100% g-g-great!" shaking, Y/N put a thumbs up, her face was pale as if she was going to pass out.