~ • Chapter 14 : Strength • ~

"Live a long life, that's what he said? So much for him dying himself..."

Nobara said to the other two students, all three students sitting on the steps, talking about Yuji's unexpected death. Y/N barely being able to speak about it, it hurt so much to see someone as great as Yuji die right in front of her eyes, Megumi sitting close to the girl and realizing by her nervous hand movements and the way she would stare off into space at times, that she was looking back at that day.

"You sure do seem so nonchalant about it..." Y/N said, she seemed kind of annoyed about it, Nobara and Yuji seemed like they clicked as soon as they met one another, "I'm not the type of girl to mourn and cry for someone I just met...".

Y/N looked at Nobara, that was the final straw for her, "If only you were there you-"

The deep regret Y/N felt after she said that kicked in...

For 1, Nobara was busy saving herself and her comrades from the curses within that detention center, and 2...

Nobara was crying...

"Damn it..." a sniffling and sobbing Nobara said, she was devastated by Yuji's death, no one would want to hear that someone close to them had gone so early.

"Im...sorry...Nobara". Y/N sat back down, tears in her eyes remembering her bubbly classmate, Megumi saw the girl and placed a hand on her shoulder, reassuring her its okay. Although he looked unfazed by the incident, he was hurting, the fact that he lost someone all because of a stupid curse made him feel like he wasn't saving anyone...

"Oi, why do you all look so down? Look up for once in your guy's life..." a voice came out of nowhere. All three students looked up to see a green haired girl, her hair was in a ponytail, bangs hanging just above her glasses, she had the same uniform as Nobara but with a tighter skirt, and she was carrying something in a case. "Zen'in-Senpai, what are you doing here?" Megumi said to the girl, "You know her?" Nobara and Y/N said at once. "How many times do I have to tell you to call me Maki...and what is your hand doing on that girls shoulder is the real question?" Maki smirked and Megumi had an urk mark on his face, he quickly took his hand off of Y/N's shoulder as Y/N looked away red as a tomato, "How embarrassinggg". After all that had happened a "Psst" was heard from behind the statue that stood on the side of the pathway, a panda and another boy was behind it, trying to grab the girl haired girls attention, "Maki, cant you take it a little easier on them? I heard they just lost a classmate" the panda said to her as she looked back, regretting every word she had said. "Your serious right? Why couldnt you tell me before, I must've came off as a soulless asshole right now!" Maki said in a dreadful manner like she was gonna die after what she had just said.

"I mean, you did kinda come off as that..." Panda said as the other boy finally spoke "Salmon" was the only word he said though. " 'Salmon'?" Y/N said repeating what the off-white haired boy said just a moment ago. Megumi stood and decided to just introduce them all while they were there. "This is Maki," he pointed to the girl haired girl, "That's Panda-Senpai" pointing to the fluffy mammal, "and finally, that's Inumaki-Senpai" Megumi finally said as he pointed to the boy who's face was covered by his uniform collar. "Nice to meet you two new first-years" Maki said to Y/N and Nobara as both of them bowed "Pleasure to meet you Zen'in-Senpai, Inumaki-Senapi, Panda-Senpai!" "Drop the honorifics please...just call me Maki" she spoke as if she was annoyed by it. "Of course, Maki-San!" They had both said at once.

"What we really came down here to tell you guys is that..." there was a long pause in the middle of Maki's sentence. "We want you three to participate in the Tokyo-Kyoto Goodwill Event".

"Huh...?" "I thought it was only Second and Third years that were able to participate?" Megumi questioned Maki, "Yeah, but the stupid third years up and decided to get suspended for some time, so they wont be able to participate, so that's why we're asking you guys, plus we dont have enough people since Okkotsu is overseas right now". Both Y/N and Nobara were confused, "What the hell is a Goodwill Event?" Nobara said curious to know what this event was for, "It's a fight to the death!" "HUH?!" Y/N's jaw dropped, Nobara just has a very concerned look on her face, "Just kidding...". Y/N and Nobara let out a sigh of relief as Megumi just face palmed. "It is basically to show off your skills against the Kyoto Jujutsu High, in a series of multiple events and across 3 or so days, it's also a chance for you guys to get stronger so you guys can save more people like your friend-" . "We're in" all three stood up and said in sync, "Well then, guess its settled...training starts tomorrow, get your self's ready for it, it wont be easy" Maki said as her and the rest of the second years walked off. "I definitely won't let what happened to Itadori happen to anyone else..." Y/N stated loud and clear. "Definitely!" All three said, making that oath.

For their friend...

For him...

For everyone...

"Let's start training right now...shall we?"

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Hello everyone and thank you for reading At First Sight~ I hope your enjoying it so far! I know, I havent updated in a while and I'm deeply sorry for that ;-; but there's a good and bad reason for it, the good reason is I made my high schools basketball team! But the downside is, I hardly get anytime to myself now since im constantly practicing and get home kinda late, I will be able to upload this week tho, as I am currently on break! I will be doing a Thanksgiving special as well, so look for that coming out on Thanksgiving (hopefully).

Anywho, Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a lovely day/night! ♡

Lilly, Out! ♡

||Word Count : 1091 [Including A/N Note]||