~ • Chapter 18 : Connections • ~

"Thank you..."

"For what?"

"Being here with me..."

                                  ◇◇◇

This moment...

Was this something that was bound to happen? Fate led the two to this point, and there was no turning back now.

Fate decided upon these two meeting, the two hanging out, the two even falling for each other the same way. They were meant to be I suppose...

                                 ◇◇◇

Y/N looked at Fushiguro in shock, her face was entirely red and had no words to respond with. "Are you alright?" He asked, "I-I'm fine really!", she covered her face in embarrassment, if she couldn't make a fool of herself even more. The sound of the wind blowing through the air, the sounds of the city still in the background made this all seem like something straight out of a movie.

"I really mean it, you know" keeping the conversation going he said. Y/N was still lost for words, but there was one thing she could do. "Your a great person and-" Fushiguro felt an embrace around him but not just any embrace, the warm embrace of her. That one thing Y/N could do, was hug him, digging her face into his sweatshirt. He was stunned at her action but did he do anything about it? Absolutely not. Instead he hugged her back, "Of course, I'll always be here...for you" muffled but audible, Y/N finally was able to say something.

His heart was racing...

The fact that she was so close, he could feel her voice reverberate on his chest. He held her tighter, her doing the same. "Y/N...can I ask you a question?"....

                                 ◇◇◇

'Utsimitshi sounds familiar because of recent and past controversy about them, but I feel like this is different...'

'It's almost like we're connected...'

'I don't know much about them other than the fact that some are Sorcerers, and their leaders got slaughted by someone from the Zen'in clan, but who is the question?'

'No one ever said who it was, and if they knew they would talk in private to make sure that no one else heard, was it to make the clan seem like they didn't raise someone as cold hearted as that person...?'

'I'm still putting the pieces together...but Y/N, you seem too familiar, and its driving me crazy'

'I want to know more about you, I wish I could spend time like this with you all the time, and I want to help you throughout all your hardships...'

'At first sight....

I fell for you...'

                               ◇◇◇

"Hmm?" She hummed and looked up at him, "What's your question?" He looked down at her and at that moment, the panic kicked in, he was lost for words looking into her eyes, beautiful and mesmerizing. "Well...we've been hanging out for sometime....right?" She nodded, this might be the first time they've really hung out alone other than the times that they study together, but they'd usually study all together.

"Y/N...I-"

Ring Ring!

"Hmm?"

Fushiguro's phone rang, making Y/N jump a bit, but he looked to see who might've ruined this perfect opportunity for him st this time and it was none other than Maki.

He answered the phone with a bit of annoyance in his voice, "Hello...", Y/N couldn't hear the conversation that they were having, but it seemed like it was something particularly that would piss off the noirette.

"Fine...we'll be there in about 5-10 minutes, bye" he then abruptly hung up and turned to Y/N, "Is everything alright...?" She asked, "Yeah its fine...we just have to get back, apparently there's a limit to how long we could be out today, it's fine though, let's get going" he then turned to walk the way they'd walked before and waited for Y/N. "Alright..." she walked next to him, side by side, hands close to each other, then Y/N could feel a tap on the back of her hand, signaling something that she never thought she would do so casually.

Holding his hand.

Yes yes, the two have hugged in public and stuff, but this was unexpected by Y/N, usual he would hold her hand for comfort but now it was just cause. She hesitated for a bit, but finally she intertwined her fingers with his and held it tight, as soon as she did this, the boy did as well. Both were equally as red as the other, but that didn't stop them from what they had at that moment.

It takes courage to tell someone you like them, it takes time for them to develop the same feelings for you, in this case it was just time take its toll and courage building up in both of them to ask each other about their feelings.

For the boy, this time would have to wait once more, but would come sooner than later.

For Y/N, this would have to come later as well, but hers would come later on.

'If only I could truly tell you how I felt for you...'

                               'Y/N...'
                           'Megumi....'

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
New book called "Strawberry Lemonade"
Is out, go ahead and check it out if you wish!

Not sure why this chapter took forever
but that's the usual lmao

Thank you for reading At First Sight~, I hope your enjoying it, and have a lovely day/night!

Lilly, Out! ♡

||Word Count : 904 [Including  A/N note]||