Chapter 37 : Ishq!

Aaliya took calculating steps towards him and he stood up from his place, he adjusted his blazer and was about to take a step in her direction but she showed her palm to halt him at the place he was.

She stood up in his front two steps away from him and stared at him directly into his eyes, he had so many questions to ask her but her aura which was surrounded by her was even making him feel intimidated by her.

"Is there anything you want to tell me?" Aaliya asked in a tranquil voice but internally she was anything but organized. He felt strange hearing her question and shook his head at her. She shut her eyes for a brief moment.

"What do you want to say about this?" She said and threw the file on his desk with power, his gaze fell on the file and he stiffened in his place. How did she get to know about it? He kept looking at the file shocked that Aaliya found about his mental condition.

"No Answer, Okay no problem. Next question. I would really appreciate your tongue movement on this question at least!" She said sarcastically at him who was still in a daze and that's when she flings another shock on his way.

"Do you love me?" She asked still composed, while he looked at her with incredulity in his eyes. The shock aftershock which he was reaping today was making him stunned in his place. What should he reply to that question? He has so many things to say to her but his tongue was not colluding with him.

"I am asking you last time Do you love me?" She asked closing her eyes in irritation at his lack of response. She wished for him to respond in any way at least, but here he was standing like a monument without any emotion or word!

"Would you just speak at all?" She cried out and slammed her palm on the table making him appear out of his reverie, the amount of pressure she applied while slamming her hand was too much that she felt pain surging through her nerves and she immediately wanted to pull back her hand and caress it. But if she would do it then the whole serious atmosphere would shift, she felt a stinging pain in her palm but she still kept her palm on the table.

While as soon as Arslan realised the force she applied on her palm, he took her palm in his hand to examine it and needless to say, it was red as a tomato. He caressed her palm slightly, afraid that even a little strength would hurt her. She glimpsed at his concern lacing expressions and her eyes filled up, why is he like this? Why can't he just confess his feelings? Why is he suffering?

Aaliya from the other hand clutched his collar in fist and looked at him, he too looked back into her glazing eyes.

"Why? Why didn't you confess?" She asked in a whisper, her strong and tough exterior breaking down in front of him.

"I am not for you, You deserve better. No, you deserve the best and I am not best for you!" He said casting his gaze down as if ashamed, she wanted to scream at him for thinking like that or to embrace him telling him he is the best but she did neither of them. She closed her eyes took a deep breath and snatched her hands away from him. She took two steps back from him and again looked directly into his eyes.

"You did what you wanted Mr Siddique now it's my turn. I would do what I want!" Saying she turned on her heels and went out of the conference room leaving behind a confused Arslan.

What does that mean? Now that she knows about his mental condition what would change? What does she mean by why I didn't confess? Is there any chance she likes me? The thoughts of him making him more confused! What should he get out of this conversation!? He sat back on the chair totally troubled and lost.

The only question lingering most in his mind was, What should he do now?

~*~