Chapter 64 : Funeral

"Someone call an ambulance fast!" Aaban yelled at everyone as he tapped Arslan's cheek to get his consciousness.

There was an ambulance on standby as it was an accident spot, paramedics immediately rushed towards him and laid him down on a stretcher and brought him into an ambulance.

"I can't feel his pulse!" One said while trying to find his pulse on carotids.

"Prepare Defibrillator," Another one said and they immediately started giving him treatment. They removed the shirt from his body and spread the gel on the defibrillator as well as on his skin as they set the power to 150 volts.

The paramedics shortly started giving him CPR, it was a case of cardiac arrest, his heart has stopped working and they have to bring back his beating at any cost.

The first round was given, a defibrillator was pressed on his naked chest as his body shook with the current passing through his body via defibrillator. But his heart still ceased, another wave of current was given and they heard a feeble sound of Lubb-Dubb.

In the second round of CPR, they finally were able to get back his pulse although it was too feeble in the first place. They gave him oxygen support and then started treating his wounds.

As he fell on the hard floor, it was with such a harsh impact that his temple on the right side has been crushed which was bleeding profusely, and scratches and bruises were all over his right side of the face.

~*~

The next time his eyes opened, he was attached to some intravenous drips, a beeping machine was making a sound, he could feel some wires and circular shaped metals attached to his chest. He could hear his heart beating due to the attachment of some machine.

But all he could feel was nothing, numbness, he can see everything, hear everything but his insides were cold, his heart has frozen the moment it has stopped now it was just beating organ like a machine and not a living organism.

He then saw after some moments Aaban walked inside with saddened expressions, carrying a white pair of clothes in his hand. Arslan was shortly then freed from all the attached wires and drips. His bandage of the head was being done again as Aaban forwarded him clothes. After the change of his bandage, nurse and Aaban, both left the room to give him privacy.

Arslan took his clothes and got up from the bed, made his way towards the bathroom and changed into pair of white kurta-pyjama (Ethnic wear) Aaban has brought for him.

He changed and splashed water on his face, as he stared at his reflection in the mirror and then he remembered her words.

"You should wear ethnic clothes more often, you look hot!"

He splashed water again on his face and blinked his eyes, coming out of the washroom, he was escorted out of the hospital from the backside of the exit and made sit in the car.

The car was taken to the Siddique Mansion which was engulfed in despair, their princess has left them unceremoniously and they can't still believe the reality that she is no more. 

The post martum conclusions have come by now, the body has burnt completely and it was impossible to find out about the identity but from the skeleton, it was proved that the body is of the young girl age around mid-twenties and the pregnancy was in too early stage to be found in a dead body.

The body was handed back to the family and it would be safe to say almost everyone has developed some or other health issues after the news of her demise.