Chapter 68 : After Effects

And with that, he punched the wall in front of him with all his strength making his knuckles bruised and bleed with the impact. His chest heaved up and down, sweat forming and heart-racing but he was lost in his self-revulsion. He was too far away this time.

He was punching the wall again and again while tears were gushing out of his eyes, he couldn't fathom the fact that he lost their baby, and maybe he will lose his wife as well. Why did this happen to them? When finally he was coming on terms with the fact of becoming a father, he was thrown away from that position! Was this because of his hesitancy of becoming a father? What if Aaliya would think the same and she would hate him? What if she denies being with him? What will he do? What will he do without her? He...he

His chain of thoughts and actions were stopped by a sound, a very familiar sound calling his name followed by a hand on his shoulder.

"Arslan, Drs have instructed not to do any strenuous works as your heart is still in a healing process," Rehaan spoke to his best friend calmly yet supportive manner.

"Rehaan... Liya...our...baby...lost" His broken words came out in between his cries as Rehaan has engulfed him into a hug, letting him know that he is there with him, Rehaan stiffened for a second hearing about the baby, he didn't know about miscarriage and he felt pain hearing about it, Arslan and Aaliya didn't deserve this.

Rehaan couldn't say anything, he didn't know what he should say? How to console him in this matter? So Rehaan just kept quiet and let him cry out, to let his pain flow in the form of tears. His heart was bleeding and blood was coming out of his eyes in form of salty solution.

"It's enough Arslan, Aaliya would be awake in a short time and you have to be there, only you would be able to calm her. You both are together in this, let her know that you are with her in these tough times!" Rehaan spoke after letting him cry for a few minutes, he held his head from both sides and made him look into his eyes.

"Arslan, you have to be strong. You can do this My lion!!" Rehaan spoke staring directly into his bloodshot eyes.

Arslan nodded his head and got up from the floor with a firm resolve, Rehaan escorted him towards the washroom, where Arslan washed his face and corrected his look.

"Make sure he pays for his doings, make his life a living hell and find out about his supporters" Arslan croaked out but anger palpable in his voice.

"Leave it all that on me, just focus on yourself and Aaliya," Rehaan said with a firm voice and dropping him back to his family, Rehaan went on the mission assigned by his best friend.

"Mr Siddique" Arslan heard the voice of Dr Khan and he stood up from his place.

"Can you follow me to my cabin? We need to talk!" Dr Khan spoke in a professional tone, Arslan gave her a nod and followed her towards her cabin.

"I wanted to talk about your wife's condition, " She spoke after sitting on her chair while Arslan took the opposite one.

"Antibiotics which we have started are showing its effects and I would say She is very much lucky that she is here on time if there would have been a little late then many more complications would have been present." Arslan stiffened hearing it, She continued "She is improving, her reports are showing that but I am more concerned about something else!" She spoke releasing a sigh at the end making his breath stuck in his throat.

"About What?" He managed to let out these words from his mouth.

"As you know Mr Siddique, she was assaulted and we have found Misoprostol - A hormone which is commonly found in pills used for abortions in her blood, I am just saying to let you know that either way, the baby wasn't going to survive." And Arslan felt at the moment he couldn't hate anyone else more than the person who did this to them.

"I am afraid Mrs Siddique would be having some mental trauma's as well, most women with miscarriages go through that but with Mrs Siddique chances are higher!" Dr Khan explained then further about the measures to be taken but was cut off in between by the nurse telling her that patient of septic abortion had gained consciousness but was out of control.

Arslan and Doctor both then marched towards the private ICU of Aaliya where Arslan could already hear her painful screams breaking his heart into pieces. He scurried inside the room before anyone could stop him.

There she was thrashing her limbs in all directions and shouting his name at the top of her lungs.

"Arsh... Let me go, I want to go to Arsh!" She was shouting and crying, he was stupified and frozen at his place. He was just standing whilst looking at the scene unfolding in front of him.

"Arsh... You can't leave me...like this...you....can't....die!!!" She screamed and that caused Arslan to get moving as his legs automatically led him towards hers.

"Jaan" He whispered, his voice was hoarse and quiet yet she heard it clearly and looked at him, he gazed at her with tears glistening in his eyes and she gaped at him with disbelief.

"Arsh" She muttered and broke into more sobs, he immediately engulfed her into his arms as she clutched his shirt in her fist. She hid her face in his chest as she cried and he soothed her by rubbing her back in a gentle manner.

"He...he told...me you...you died" She managed to let out in between her weepings, as she cried more and he tightened his hold on her letting her know that he is with her.

"Nothing has happened to me, see I am with you here, right?" He asked as he caressed her back and she whimpered in response, she cried again as she heard him saying these things to her. At one moment in her life, she has lost the hope of this, of him embracing her, of him being alive or her alive. It was only his love that kept her going.

"Shhh...now stop crying. You know right that I don't like you crying. And you need rest" He said as he held her from the shoulders firmly yet softly and made her face him. He gently wiped her tears from her face and taking out his handkerchief, wiped away her snot as well without feeling disgusted.

"Arsh...he...he" Aaliya felt scared to tell him about the baby, when he was treating her with so much gentleness even after everything, how could she tell him that she lost their baby? Their unborn child! The symbol of their love?

"Hmm" He encouraged her as he dabbed the handkerchief on her eyes, as her eyes were swollen and if he would wipe it then she could may feel pain.

"He...killed...our...baby," She said and broke into sobs once again. He stiffened hearing her, he was contemplating how would he break this news to her and hearing her say the exact same thing with such unfortunate feeling and agonising sobs made his heart clench in pain. And at the same moment, his gaze fell over the heart monitor which was showing some highly uneven rhythm and loudly beating sound, which made the nurses and Dr Khan rush inside.

When he rushed inside along with Dr Khan, seeing her asking for him, she silently gestured to nurses to give some privacy to the couple.

"Calm down!" Dr Khan said to her as she gave a nod to the nurse to sedate her as it was difficult to control her at the moment and her body needed rest to heal.

"Arsh... Make sure... To punish him... For what he... Did to our... Baby" She said in a broken sentence when she felt a pricking sensation in her arm, Arslan held her against his chest, it took a few minutes for her but her body relaxed in his embrace and he knew at the moment that she has slept.

He gently laid her down on the bed as he wiped her face once again delicately with his handkerchief and pressed a chaste kiss on the back of her palm and dashed out of the room not able to see her in this condition anymore.

~*~

Hey Guys!

Last week had been hectic for me, the reason why I wasn't able to update.

But I hope I will be able to finish this book by the end of this week, In Sha Allah, only two chapters are left.

There won't be an epilogue of this book.

Till then the next update, Allah Hafiz!