Chapter 55 : Not Meant to be met

Aaliya has been lost in her thoughts these days, it's been three days, 72 hours away from him, 4320 minutes since she found out about the blue folder, 2,59,200 seconds since she is left in the whirlwind of thoughts!

What she should do next? She can't leave him for sure, her heart wasn't even considering that option but just let the matter go as it is! Her mind was not agreeing with that.

The battle between heart and brain was years old tale that everyone faces in their life on some or another point and Aaliya was no different! Heart and Brain both had their strong perspectives! While the Brain has logic, the Heart has emotions and Feelings.

Turmoil was the only thing she was ending upon, whenever she went deep into the topic of priority but always ending upon nil. Still, the question of What next was lingering in herself! She couldn't come to any conclusion.

Sitting on her plush swivelled chair with the screen showing designs on her Mac, her eyes open but mentally far away from the sight, and emotionally still with her husband, miles away from her, Aaliya Arslan Siddique was really misplaced this time.

Her reverie broke due to the ringing of her mobile, Arsh❤️ was blinking on the screen of her smartphone with the cute couple picture of them in the background where they both are seeming lost in each other's eyes with their arms linked, a candid picture, picture credits go to none other than Sofiya Siddique.

This was not the first time he called, he did it many times but she never received it. But this time everything inside her was telling her to pick up the call. She glanced at the wall clock in her office, which was showing 2:20 pm, she clicked something on the keyboard and the clock of New York opened in front of her eyes showing 3:50 am. Her heart sank at the thought of something happening to him, her Arsh.

She picked up the call without any second thought or before her intellect could stop her! She could hear his harsh breathing from another hand.

"Aaliya... Are you... Alright?" She heard him say in between his short breaths and she couldn't decipher if he had a nightmare or was due to exercise!?

"Tell me... You are not... Gonna leave me!" She heard him again and was now clear that he had a nightmare.

"I am... Fine and No" Was her reply, her tongue worked on its own and that's when she realised what she wants or what is she going to do next.

She wants him in her life, she can't leave him, she just couldn't and even thought of him getting hurt was paining her. The sudden realisation cleared lots of her confusion.

"Arsh, I am fine. You just had a nightmare. Calm down" Arslan heard her saying and he closed his eyes hearing her soothing voice.

"Don't leave me please" He pleaded to her as he again laid down on the bed, this time with the phone attached to his ear.

"I am not leaving you! I am with you only, now close your eyes. I am here only" He heard her again and that calmed him down effectively.

"I am here only, sleep Arsh" Her gentle and sweet voice was lulling him to sleep and he slept hearing her voice.

His even breathing confirmed that he slept, and only after his deep breathing could be heard, she cut the call after a few minutes of his calm breathing, assuring her anxious heart that he was alright, he was good.

She closed her eyes as she put her phone on the desk, her lock screen again a selfie of them, both smiled from the picture providing her much needed strength and determination.