Part 1 - A Polar Bear Kisses and Cries

2018

New shook his head sadly and closed his Instagram account. He didn't know who let it leak from his private account to his public that he was dating, but leak it had. Now, he was flooded with hate posts and death threats.

While that wasn't bad enough, his damn manager at G-TV was telling HIM how to handle the whole situation! He was the one who screwed up, damaged his reputation, his friendship with Tay and almost cost his career. Who was he to trust this time?

He loved his work. He was a good actor. He was an even better model. He supported everyone or why would he get the roles he did. If he could, he would tell the world that he loved everyone, the sex of his partner didn't matter.

Currently, he dated a girl. Men, well, it was complicated when it came to his career. But it looked like his fans only wanted him in a drought. They just wanted him to be alone for the rest of his life.

Human beings were not meant to be solitary creatures. He thought sadly to himself. At least, I'm not meant to be alone. He curled up in his bed and cried.

I never, ever should have decided to become an actor! I should have stayed a model! None of this would have happened if I would have stayed where I started! Inconsolable, it took weeks before New was acting like normal. Acting... acting a part his daily life.

2019

New bowed his head to the cast and crew, as the filming wrapped on Dark Blue Kiss, the Final episode in the Kiss Series. It had been a long haul. He patted Tay, his cast-mate on the shoulder and left the set. Thankful he had the job, but looking forward to his next challenge, he could forgot about this role and move forward.

Reminiscing, he smiled softly as he walked down the hallway. He missed the time before... when life was casual. The Time BEFORE TAYNEW and the fandom. Steadily working as an actor since 2014,  he had learned a lot on the first two BL productions he had done: Waterboys and Sotus. He did what you were supposed to do: trust your management company. But G-TV, however, always paid attention to what their fans were saying.

And that had caused huge complications in his life. 

New enjoyed working with Earth. He had also enjoyed how the cast had got to play in the water during filming. If he had his choice, he would do more projects with water. He didn't mind showing off his body. He worked hard for it. Earth was as reserved as he was, but when they started promotions, he gave New one piece of advice.

"Only do what's in your heart. If you don't feel it, you can't act it." Earth gently patted New's shoulder. "You give off the impression of a puppy trying to please his owner. G-TV kicks their puppies, New." It stayed with him. 

G-TV did not miss a step. Oh, no they did not. While New was out with his good friend, Earth, promoting Waterboys and talking about a red hot same sex kiss scene, a forerunner of even hotter kisses to come in the industry, G-TV was figuring out how to exploit the new ship they had - TayNew.

They had seen how the audience noticed when the two young men were on screen together, even before they were recruited, back in 2014. They had worked as hosts for a small show called Five Fresh with another young man. It was their audition. They both got signed and cast into roles in Room Alone in 2014, and had steady work with roles becoming larger and larger until New was now the lead actor.

G-TV always ensured that as much as possible, Tay worked with New. It was important to their plans. And they wanted both actors familiar with all of the other boy love actors. These strong bonds would only make the public believe the image of a "couple" or "ship" even more.