Part 10 - An Orca Shelters

Tay marveled that a sitting man could stomp his foot. New could. "We need ground rules. This can't continue, Tay."

"Why not?" Taking deep breaths, he just didn't understand what New was so worried about. "What's the problem?"

New stood up. "I'm going to pull out my hair. That's it... yes, I'm going to go bald because of you!" He faced Tay and snarled. "They notice everything, fans. Makeup can't hide it. Every single tiny mark, they notice it."

"If I don't have a girlfriend for them to go after, you don't have one, what happens? They say we are fucking each other." New whispered softly, rubbing aching temples. Why was Tay being so fucking stubborn?

Tay shrugged. "We ARE fucking each other. I don't see the issue."

New did scream now, "Because I want a fucking private life!"

Laughing, "Did you always use so many swear words or do I just bring out the best in you, Newwie?" He tugged him back to the sofa. "Just relax, for my peace of mind, please?" He snugged him in to the crook of his arm and sighed. "You belong here."

Resting his chin on the top of his head, Tay considered what was upsetting Newwie. It had been a peaceful two days but they hadn't had sex since that first twenty-four hours. They HAD cuddled and talked a lot. Laughed more than he thought he ever could with the uptight man. 

Split lips, bruises and bums had began to heal over. They were talking to each other more than Tay ever thought they would. Were they now more than friends?

He wasn't as uptight as he thought, just very, very shy. Reserved, and very good at acting. If anything, Tay suspected that New acted more in his daily life than he did on a set. When did he ever relax and let go? 

"So, tell me honestly, babe, what in your ideal world, what would life be like?"

New thought hard about this. It was something he never did, think about possibilities. "Oh, love freely, live freely would be the first. Be totally free of G-TV so I could choose the gigs I want to do. Travel more."

"How would you 'love freely'? Out of everything New said, that was the most doable in Tay's mind. He was in the same boat with G-TV, so until their contracts ran out or they had enough money to live after buying out their contracts, nothing could change there.

"Love freely?" Laughing bitterly, "We can't. We're loved by millions around the world, Tay. They won't even let me have a friend."

"They let you have me." Why can't he see that the fans would accept it, if it was me? Tay held on to his patience. He had to remain calm, find a way to have New see him more than just sex or possibly a one night stand.

"How do you know? Just because they send you those messages on Instagram doesn't mean when our relationship is known, they will still support us." 

"They're supporting Gun and Off." Tay retorted. 

"They're not a real couple. Gun is just very, very affectionate. I talked with Off a year ago and he was not doing well. He was seriously considering moving to Korea where he had an offer to star in a movie, since he speaks Korean so well." 

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Tay shot upright, he did not know that. 

"Mmm, unless something has changed. I mean, Off did turn the role down, which surprised the hell out of me. I mean, they offered him $35,000 USD per episode, for 16 of them." New shook his head. "He's spent so much of his money on Gun, I was positive he was going to take the role."

"Maybe Gun was waiting until his contract was up with G-TV. He's out now." Tay offered slowly. 

"Maybe." New was silent. "I think of all the BL couples we've acted with or know. Only the proudly out actors who were out already have successful relationships, with people not in the industry that are not interfered with by fans." He snuggled deeper and reached for Tay's hand.