Part 46 - Orca?

Tay was confused. Nope, confused did not fit. Angry did. Why was New pouting this time. He was the one who was injured. He protected New! He should be receiving kisses, cuddles, praises...

"Fuck that!" He cleared his throat, it hurt still hurt. "Fuck you! Do you KNOW what I went through for you? What the hell gives you any right to fucking lecture me?" He coughed, trying to get rid of the frog in his throat. "Where is that damn doctor?"

New hit the bed. "All you had to do was listen to me! Just once, actually listen. All you ever did was dismiss how I felt." He turned, and stood up, no longer able to look at Tay. "Overbearing blockhead."

Tay knew an insult when he heard it. He had just woken up and now he was being insulted! "Why do I care? Get out! Go! I don't need someone as whiny as you around me when I'm trying to heal." Tay felt his heart breaking. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. New was to fall all over him, calling him a hero! Why didn't he ever DO anything the way he pictured it, the way it was supposed to go?

Suddenly, from out of nowhere, the bodyguard moved, interjecting himself between himself and the wall. Tay watched in shock as New hit him solidly on the chest with a neat upper cut, just barely missing his neck. The bodyguard barely made a sound. 

"Fuck!" New shook his hand, his knuckles turning bright red, slightly skinned. "ARE YOU IN FULL FUCKING ARMOR?" 

"Sorry, Sir, still softer than concrete." #3 bowed slightly and moved back to being a statue at the door.  Tay narrowed his eyes. He knew that guard. He was with Newwie all the time in their early days. Did he have feelings for his man? Did they already sleep together? New was very cuddly and affectionate when drunk... 

"ARRRRRRRRR!" Tay screamed, unable to turn off this line of thinking. Both New and #3 jumped but for different reasons. #3 jumped, looking for the immediate threat. New was looking at Tay, eyes narrow and calculating, trying to figure out what he wanted. "Get out! Get out of my room." His voice was barely there, after screaming. 

#3 glanced at New waiting to see what he would do. The doctor was outside, waiting for the bodyguards to give the all clear. This was their time. He was tired. Tired of all of this bullshit. Tired of the miscommunications, of the jealousy, of the lies. 

He wondered if either of them knew anymore what the end goal was. So even if he wasn't gay, he could do something for a man he considered a friend. He wondered if New would fire him, or in the end, appreciate his sacrifice. He took a deep breath, walked over to him, and without looking once at Tay, leaned down and whispered in New's ear, "The doctor is here. Will you come with me, Siiirr?" He made sure his warm breath blew softly just over his earlobe and across his neck. 

Tay watched New's pupils dilate. To him, it was sexual tension and lust. 

For New, it was shock and fear, especially since the last time, honestly, other than to keep him safe, the last time #3 was this close to him, was that horrible night. 

"Get the fuck out of my sight, you... you... whore!" Tay whispered, fighting tears. He couldn't believe he defended him, took a beating, was willing to go public for him and here he is flirting in front of him, while lying in a damn hospital bed! He couldn't watch anymore.

With a mixture of emotions, mainly confusion, Newwie let #3 lead him out of the room by the hand, and another guard escorted the doctor in. Once in the hallway, New's mouth dropped in shock. It had been partitioned off by thick black bomb curtains, with temporary lights. "This way, Sir." #3 held open on curtain. 

" I have so many questions... " New paused, then saw his bag sitting on a cot. "Can't I go home yet? What is all this? #3... what happened back there?" He gestured, indicating Tay's room.