Part 27 - Is This Best, Polar Bear?

Tay sat on the stool, needing space. He couldn't be near New right now, with his blood still singing after that scorching kiss. Only half of his attention was on what the small female lawyer was saying. He didn't care much either. 

His head was pounding even worse than before, between grinding his teeth and the hangover. It wasn't until he heard New calling his voice over and over, progressively getting louder and louder, he realized that he'd actually tuned them out. Fuck, he had to get it together and fast. 

He was never this rude! Jealousy was a damn bitch, after all...

"What is it, New?" Tay asked, quite tiredly. He couldn't even look properly at the small, neat woman, in her tight, pencil skirt. Yes, it was a decent length, but she was shapely and female.

 Everything I'm not... gentle and soft! She'd let New take the lead every time!

Again, his thoughts drifted, and he completely missed what both that woman and New said. Suddenly, his head spun and his cheek hurt as New gave him a hard, open handed slap across his right cheek. He blinked, hand up, pressing hard against the sting. "What the fuck, New!"

"Do you think that I'm doing this for MY benefit, you asshole? Ms. Tam was kind enough to come here for you, not me. I understand most, if not all of the damn contract. YOU don't. If you would have read my email, you would have known why she was coming. YOU assumed things. Now get your fucking head in the game and pay attention."

His mouth dropped open. This was his business lawyer? And she was here for him? Well fuck. He had royally screwed up now... Tay sighed and got up off the chair, walked over the lawyer and did a deep bow. "My sincere apologies, Miss. I am not usually an..." Tay paused, skipping the word he would have used with a man, and continued, "I drank last night, more than usual, and while that is an excuse, it does not excuse my behaviour to you. For that I am sorry."

The small woman took in his appearance with a swift glance. She had worked many years with New and had never seen him anything other than perfectly put together, even under extreme stress. There was more than friendship between these two. She'd bet her whole marriage on it. Eyes twinkling, "Apology accepted, now sit, young man. I don't have much more time before I have to leave and you need to decide if you're getting your own lawyer or not."

"Why?" Tay looked at her puzzled. "Why would I need to do that?"

"G-TV has offered you two a new show and we," She waved a hand at New, "Are not using this contract, but negotiating for a completely new one. One that is better for the artist." She looked directly at Tay, then at New, before continuing. "If whatever you two have between you will interfere with the production, I need to know."

New sucked in his sore bottom lip, as if to hide the swelling. Tay felt the tips of his ears turning red. The lawyer gave a small giggle. Confirmed! These two were too easy! 

"Will it?" She pushed, not waiting for them to answer. "This show will be a remake of one the most ground breaking positive BL shows to come from Japan in 2020." She laid down a script with the title 'Cherry Magic' on it. "You've been offered the lead roles and New is not going to accept unless it's under his terms. What about you, Tay Tawan? What will you do?"

Tay stood up then to pace. "I don't even fully know what's wrong with the our current contract!" 

"You would have, if you wouldn't have bothered to get drunk! Ms. Tam explained all that to you when you weren't listening." New smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. Actor mode was fully engaged. "Ms. Tam, I do believe we are wasting our time here. Simply turn down the role. Prepare the statement that I am going to retire."