Part 33 - Polar Bear Protection

Tam crossed his arms and looked at his adopted son. These two brats, both of them needed to stop running away from their feelings. Off and Gun had already worked out their issues. Perhaps in one of the most creative ways the industry had ever seen. "Get Off. I have work to do."

As he left, he pulled out his phone and dialed Off, who used his company for security work. Off and Gun were well acquainted with the Tam's, since his wife also handled the contracts. "Off," Tam said briefly, "Don't take New home. Drive him directly to Tay's." He proceeded to give him the entry code to the building. "Blindfold him, bribe him, even carry him if you have to, but make sure he actually meets with Tay. It's not New who's pulling a runner this time."

He could feel it in his bones. He'd been a detective for too long, he'd read too many faces throughout the years. Sighing, he went back, patted New's shoulder and kissed his wife. Time to put a scumbag behind bars. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Tay was violently pushed back into his apartment by a guy he didn't know, holding a knife. "You fucker! Where is he? I know you have him." His eyes were wild. "I will have him."

Eyes narrowed, Tay's jaw clenched. "I'm alone." So this freak was the stalker. He felt his whole body tense, he was angry, not afraid. "How did you get into my building?"

"Shut up, asshole!" The intruder* snarled, still pissed at being arrested. The police let him go when the mafia's lawyer showed that the evidence didn't match his face or fingerprints. Thank god for his Korean plastic surgery. So what if he was now owned by the damn mob! He would get his revenge and then figure out how to free himself? "Hand over New Thitipoom!"

"I'm alone." Tay repeated, backing up as the man came closer, waving the knife. It was the standard kitchen knife, it looked huge being waved in front of his face. He wondered if there was a way to grab it safely. 

"Liar!" He hissed, "I saw him on your balcony! I took the picture. He's been here during the scandal, hiding out. New! Hey, Newwie, come out, come out where ever you are!" He started to move forward into the condo, pushing Tay further inside. 

~~~~~~~~~~

"What the fuck do you mean you let him go? He's dangerous!" Tam screamed, inside the police station. "I showed you all the evidence. Does someone have to die first before you stop the damn stalker?"

"Sir, calm down. There was no proof that he was the ex-manager. His identification photographs were different and he has no fingerprints. He had a very good lawyer." The Sargent sighed, pissed that his Captain, who usually dealt with Tam, had run away, knowing he would be pissed off. 

"Who was the lawyer? Can you tell me that?" Tam drummed his fingers on the counter, eyes drilling into the poor man. "Well?"

The Sargent shrugged. Fuck the Captain for leaving him alone. It wasn't his problem alone if the guy died, after they released the stalker. It would be the Captain's too! "Sayen Sangenthian."

"Are you fucking kidding me? You couldn't even give me a courtesy call to tell me a damn mafia lawyer got the damn man out on a technicality! You assholes!" Tam spit on the floor, wiped his mouth, gave a neat about face and calmly walked out of the police station. 

Outside, in the hot humidity midday, Tam took several deep breaths and tried to control his temper, failing miserably. He made some rapid calls, rounding up every man he had, putting details back in place.

By the time he sat down in his car, the first man called back. "Sir, we're too late. That asshole's car is back outside the apartment block. It's empty and I see no movement from any of the condominium windows."