Part 28 - Orca, Speaking!

Tay wandered around his empty condominium, the silence was almost overwhelming. He wanted New back. His hands throbbed, reminding him of his... episode. 

The script on the table teased him, almost tauntingly. Slowly, he sat down on the floor, leaning against the sofa, and picked it up. The title, in bold letters, danced in front of his eyes. He almost tossed it away, because New was retiring. Retiring... to do what? 

He's retiring because of you! He told you to talk to him, you liar! He bit his bottom lip, in an unconscious reflection of New and opened the script, and began reading. 

Hours later, he tossed the finished script to the low table, and took several deep, exhilarating breaths. This was a good script. They could do this and do it well. It was as if it was written for them. 

What had New said? He wouldn't act in it if Tay wasn't his partner? Well, that was easy, HE wanted to do it. There was something else said... something about contracts. He still didn't fully understand why New was so hung up on the contract with G-TV. 

He needed his beer, to think. He walked to the fridge and opened it. It was bare, except for some eggs and green vegetables. "Fuck you, Gun!" He slammed the door and the whole refrigerator rattled. Why did they care if he became an alcoholic? 

He STILL needed to think. Cleaning it was. He reached under the sink and found his long, pink rubber gloves and the living room wash bucket. Tay mixed up the solution for mopping the floor, and set it aside. Then he went and moved the sparse furniture to the walls. As he rolled up the carpet, a business card fluttered. 

His brow wrinkled. Carefully, pinching by the edges, he placed it on the low table and promptly forgot about it. Then, he grabbed the mop bucket and a clean rag, dropped to his knees and started to wash his common area until it shone. 

It was only when he reached the kitchen, that it sunk into his slow, methodical brain that he already held the answer to all his questions in his hands! He pulled off his gloves, throwing them into the sink, and reached for the business card. 

Yes! It was Newwie's lawyer's. With a satisfied smile, Tay tidied up the cleaning supplies, cleaned and rinsed out his sink and collapsed into a bed that still smelled faintly of New. 

~~~~~~~~~~

After every death threat, after every scandal, New went through this roller coaster ride of emotions: should he retire and leave the industry or was it better to fight? 

This time, being with Tay Tawan made it a much harder decision, because now, Tay was right. His decision would also affect Tay. 

New's first thing at his new hiding place was to call his doctor and arrange a counselling session. The doctor hadn't been helpful. Well, if New was completely honest, he never was helpful at the time, it was only months or years after that he had the objectivity to SEE how he'd helped him. 

Once again, New was more frustrated and angry at his doctor, than able to see his way out of this sticky problem. How did "call me next week and continue on your current medication" help? Oh, and "don't skip a does, New, I'll know!" 

Ms. Tam, the lawyer, had left all the copies of the new contracts with him, including Tay's. Frustrated, he threw the contract into the bin, not wanting to think about him. He didn't deserve anything, not even...

"Ahh!" New walked back over to the bin and pulled out the contract, carefully smoothing out the wrinkles. He then pulled out the new cellphone, with a brand-new sim card that Ms. Tam had purchased on his behalf, and called her. 

"Ms. Tam? You forgot to leave a copy of the new contract for Tay to read. Courier it to him." New was blunt and he didn't wait to hear her response. Just before he clicked end, he heard her speak.