Part 35 - GRRR Polar Bear, that's BS!

New was biting his fingers, fighting back the tears as they pulled up to the building complex. The car wasn't even in park, and he had his seatbelt off, and the door open. Off grabbed his arm, stopping him. "New, think about this. What do you think you can do against him? Tam is looking after it. He's called the police."

New swung around, his face a mess. "Yeah, like those assholes are going to do anything? Look how many times the Tam's have asked for help already? We've shown them the footage from not only my security cams, but the dash cam in my car, the bodyguard's vest cam, all of it. It proved I'm being stalked and no one would fucking help me, Off." 

New was shaking, more out of frustration. "I paid for everything, not G-TV! I had to do it, because everyone but the Tam's thought it was in my head, even the damn police, despite seeing the constant harassment, the death threats, both online and mailed to MY PRIVATE ADDRESSES, that no matter how many times I changed, still were leaked online."

Now, he slumped back in the seat, shaking. "You don't know. You just don't know how bad it is, to go through that, for four constant years." He sighed, wiping away a stray tear and scoffed, "And that stupid ass wouldn't listen when I told him, over and over, how dangerous it was." 

Off's eyes narrowed and New, lost in his self pity, missed it. If he would have paid attention to Gun, in some of their shared self pity parties, he would have caught the fact that Off had a bull shit level, and his was now filled to the brim. "You're so full of yourself." His words, low and deep, were full of disgust.

He reached over and pulled the door closed, and pressed the child lock, effectively trapping New. He sat back for the fireworks. Off was tired to death of this version of New Thitipoom!

"What?" New turned to him in shock. "What did you say?"

Before Off could repeat himself, there was a knock on the driver's window. Off smiled and rolled down the window. "Hey, Tam. How's it going?"

"Get the fuck out of here, now! Why did you still come here, after getting those messages?" Tam hit the top of the car, in full blown annoyance. He peered across Off and glared at New, as if knowing why. 

Off shrugged, giving him a sheepish smile. "You didn't say not to come." 

"Get him back to the safe house and stay with him until I say it's safe." Tam glared at New. "I have the bodyguard, so you have to promise me you won't leave until I call." 

New pouted and didn't say much to that, only crossing his arms and looking down. "How is Tay?" It came out far gentler than he meant it. He could feel a slight blush beginning, on the tops of his cheeks. 

Tam hesitated, not knowing how much Off knew. Their eyes met, and Off winked. Tam held back a smile, and said, "I know nothing at this point, New. Go home and stay safe. I don't think my heart could handle it, knowing that two boys are in danger." He patted the top of the car, this time gently, and walked back to the command center he had set up in his mobile van. 

Off turn on the car and put it in drive. "New, call Gun. I can't be nice for much longer. I'm..." He hesitated for a moment, then continued. "I'm not good at being sympathetic. I don't do self pity parties. That's Gun's department."

New started to laugh, almost helplessly. "You're doing fine, Off. Maybe you're exactly what I need right now. Maybe if I would have had someone to tell it to me straight years ago, I wouldn't be so full of guilt right now."

Guilt? Off filed that away for later, figuring out that must be part of the complicated shit New had mentioned during his meltdown. He was going to leave the 'guilt' for Gun to tackle. Enough of this bullshit, New had a life to live, and damn it, he already had one man pulling his life together, he didn't need another.