Part 14 - Orca, Just Love Me

They ate an odd dinner of left overs, not being able to call for food delivery. Tay sighed at the diminishing food in the apartment. The knocking had continued throughout the day, albeit at a less frequency. 

"So where do you normally hide out?" He mused?

"Hotels, sometimes." New replied, "Sometimes I borrow a house from an acquaintance." He drew circles on the table top, not really looking at him. "The first day is the hardest. Everyone is after you. After 24 hours, only the most determined have you staked out."

"I've wondered." He slid his sim card into an old phone and turned it on. It immediately began to ring, showing the manager's phone number. 

New sighed. "I told you not to turn your phone on for 24 hours."

Tay turned it off. "Only checking that the phone works. See?" He waved the blackened screen. "It's already off again." He stood and started to rub New's shoulders gently. "What do you want to do tonight? Movie? Game? Sex?" The last was said partly as a joke, partly wistful.

"Seriously? Is sex all you can think of now?" New twisted on the stool to face him. "Can't you think of my poor bum and how so..."

"Oh, I spend lots and lots of time thinking of your ass. It's why I'm like this." 

New blushed. Why am I like this? Fuck him! "Go away, Tay. I am not fucking you tonight."

Tay pouted. He was only teasing but he hated being talked to like that. It sounded like he was being denied his favorite toy. It was because New was so cute when he blushed! He dropped his arms and hugged him. "I know you're blushing. Your ears are red. That's when you're the cutest, babe."

That did it! He didn't know why he was on edge, or why Tay kept nagging him. He blew! "Babe, babe, babe! Why am I your babe all of a sudden? What happens if you call me that in public? How do we explain it?" He stood and with both hands on Tay's firm pectoral muscles, pushed him back. "Stop it."

Tay started to laugh. Once he started, he couldn't stop. Who was this New? Where was the overly polite New who bowed and thanked everyone, never raised his voice and above all else, never got angry? 

"Fuck you, Tay Tawan!" He screamed. "I am tired of your games! For someone who professes to love me, you sure have a weird way of showing it!" He ran to the bedroom and the door slammed behind him.

He hiccupped, trying to stop the giggles, knowing that explaining this to Newwie would be tough. But damn it, it was about time that he lost control and just let loose. It was an absolute joy to see outside of sex. 

Tay waited ten or fifteen minutes then entered the bedroom to see him curled up in a ball, shaking and sniffling, still wiping tears from his face. He sighed, wondering why his reaction to really strong emotions was always tears. 

Who taught you to cry, Newwie? Will I ever know?

Gathering him up into his arms, he held him gently and New began to cry all over. He twisted, so his face was hidden in Tay's chest and he hit him, not as hard. 

"Damn you, for making me cry." He sniffed. "Sometimes, I really hate you."

"I don't know what I did, New, unless you tell me."

"Just... just don't play games with my heart, you hear me?" 

"Who's playing games with that? I like watching you blush, Newwie? You look adorable."

"I can't tell the difference. It's all the same. Games are games, it's a tangled mess when you play them, Tay."

"New, this is a serious question." He stroked his back. "I'm ready to kill whoever hurt you, but first I need to know who it is. Tell me who made you cry like this? Who made you afraid to love again?"