Part 18 - What Now, Orca?

They slept for so little. New's internal clock was set to wake him early every day, and as per usual, shortly after the sun arose, so did he. He ached from the top of his head to the bottom of his souls. He tried to carefully slide out of Tay's embrace but once again, failed.

"Sleep, babe." His arms became a vise grip around his middle. "This is an obscene habit you have." He muttered, nuzzling his chest. He rolled on to his back and brought Newwie with him and moaned. In pain...

"Oooh, it hurts..." he whimpered, hands falling limply to the bed. New fought back a laugh. THIS Tay was a baby! He was cute and adorable, curling up, his face white, scrunched up against the sudden twinges of pain.

"Hang on, I'll be right back." New stood and stretched again. It felt good to move, get the blood circulating. After last night, he felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of him. Tay would either stay or go on his own, but he now had almost no secrets left.

I can be myself! He couldn't stop smiling. Where does he keep the Paracetamol tablets? After searching in the bathroom, he found them in a drawer in the kitchen. He poured a glass of water and brought him two.

"Here, take these. It will help."

Tay struggled to sit up, wincing from the pain. "Thanks." After swallowing, he handed the glass back to New, whispered a very quiet, "I'm so very sorry." and hid under his duvet.

Fighting back giggles, New left. He deposited the soiled glass in the sink and sighed. He wasn't used to doing nothing... so he decided to clean for Tay and hoped it met his tough standards. Cleaning wasn't that hard, was it?

He began by washing the few dishes, then proceeded to wipe down all the counters. He wiped down the table and the low table by the sofa. It didn't take long. He was bored!

Running a vacuum cleaner would be noisy, so he decided against that. What about the bathroom? Once again, he pulled on Tay's bright pink rubber gloves and headed in there. A bit overwhelmed, he sighed. 

I can do this! I've watched Mom do this before. Hardening his resolve, he opened the cupboards, looking for his cleaning products. He found a neat yellow bucket, another pair of pink rubber gloves, and various brushes. He rolled his eyes. 

Pulling off this pair of gloves, he walked back to the kitchen and returned them to their place of honor under the sink. He was definitely going to get his exercise today! Walking back, he wondered, Where do you start in a bath? Toilet? Shower? Sink? He knew that the floor was left for last... at least, that was how mom did it.

He decided to make a game out of it. He grabbed the biggest brush and started to scrub the tiles in the shower, humming as he went. So engrossed, he didn't notice when Tay showed up.

Tay stood in the door shocked at the sight of New, happily scrubbing his shower with a fucking toilet brush! Didn't he know HOW to clean a shower? His whole body ached, especially his butt and core, and all he wanted was to hold his man and, and... 

He was fucking happily fucking screwing with his OCD! By screwing up his cleaning schedule! To be fair, it wasn't the most intelligent move he could make. In hindsight, it did help save their relationship. 

Tay let out a screech that sounded like a dying bird, flew from the doorway and practically lifted Newwie from the floor by his armpits. The toilet brush went flying. Soapsuds were flung! And poor New was pressed against the wall and kissed until his lips were soundly bruised.

New thought Tay did it because he was overwhelmed at his thoughtfulness. Tay actually did it to remind himself he loved the man, and you don't kill people you love.