Part 29 - Runaway Polar Bear!

Two days had passed, then three. It was now on the fourth day since New had left and he was beginning to go crazy. He had talked with his mom and she assured him that G-TV had left the house. His sister had also backed off, deciding that since he wasn't working she didn't need to go on a shopping spree. 

He was bored! 

Admit it, being with Tay Tawan was fun! New shook his head. No! I have to move on, he's not interested in me. Those were words only, no

t real. 

The pills were working though, and he knew that too. His mood swings were stabilizing. He could feel it, as well as the side effects kicking in. The way that things were starting to feel just slightly fuzzy, and he felt like he was on the outside, watching life again. 

It didn't matter though. Nothing mattered. New blinked. You're lying again. Honesty did. Tay mattered to you! You were never honest with him. You need to make it right with him!

I put Tay Tawan in the center of my world in seven days and didn't realize it! I'm an idiot! 

~~~~~~~~~~

It was on the afternoon of the second day Tay received the documents. He spent the day reading every word. Then... he slept. 

The third day, he re-read the original contract and read the new contract, this time with a notepad and wrote down the changes, clause by clause. Finally, after many long hours, he stood up, and stretched out his tight, sore muscles, wishing there was a stretch for his overused brain. 

"Fuck this! I can see how G-TV is screwing me over about money and working conditions, but I still don't understand how come New is so damn adamant." He rubbed his temples, his head pounding. "I need more information."

He picked up his phone and dialed the last number called, which was Ms. Tam. He never noticed the time and left a voice mail. "Ms. Tam, It's Tay Tawan. I need to speak with New Thitipoom before I make a decision. You said he had the answers to my questions."

He didn't know why the number he had for New was not working but he knew if anyone could find him, it had to be his lawyer. Yawning, Tay headed to bed and to dream. 

Lately, all his dreams were about New. Waking up with New in his arms, kissing New, tasting him... loving him. 

I have to convince him I love him. I need to talk to him, tell him the whole truth. Tay sighed, as he pulled back the blue duvet, the scent of New almost completely gone. I can't avoid the truth anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Detective placed the photos on his wife's desk and the dossier on the man in the car. Then he leaned in and gave Ms. Tam a kiss on the cheek before sitting down. "So, my love, this is the shady reporter giving our adopted child a hard time. Pull up his 'website'." 

Ms. Tam didn't even bother reading the documents, just followed her husband's advice and the look on her face changed. From being pleasant, it hardened until her eyes looked like obsidian chips. "Have we got enough evidence to go after him legally?"

He smiled back, grimly. "Oh yes. The photo tag on the couple on the balcony is registered to his camera. I even found the store he bought the camera from. Do you want to know what's even more interesting? He's the scumbag that worked for G-TV, the one that was fired in the contract scandal."

Her eyes narrowed, until only slivers showed. "He's that guy? He looks nothing like him."

"Plastic surgery in Korea, and a name change there. Luckily, it had to be registered when he returned to Thailand. We have him dead to rights for stalking, slander and harassment. Not just of New, but also Tay Tawan, since it's Tay's condominium he's parked outside."