❥ 3. Anam Cara

Anam Cara (noun. Gaelic)

A person with who you can share your deepest thoughts, feelings, or dreams. Your soul friend.

♡♡

//Mumbai, India

//Mumbai, India

The droplets of water crashed down the road, splashing themselves on the ground, and fading into the pool of stagnant water on the bitumen surface. The road which was once heated and cracked under the harsh sunlight now was pooled with rainwater mixed with dust and impurities, still, the rain satisfied the yearning for coolness. It was healing the old burning cracks just like the smile heals the heart and tears heal the soul.

Mahira had none.

She looked away from the window. Her eyes shifted back to her desk, the papers and files arranged on the side. A pen stand filled with stationary and her bun stick, a metallic stick with small bells. She picked up the stick, gathered her braid, and rolled it in a bun, she tucked it properly before fixing it using the stick.

She shook her neck a little, the bells clinking along, letting a small curve take over her lips. That was the only thing close to the smile she owned in herself.

"Haaye! You look so good smiling."

Mahira's smile dropped upon hearing the voice, her eyes snapped to the person who stood at her door.

Vandita's eyes widened a little seeing her smile gone, she panicked "Oh shit. Don't stop smiling please" She cursed under her breath, slapping her forehead "I shouldn't have startled you. Me and this unfiltered mouth. God, I'm impossible"

Mahira chuckled silently shaking her head as Vandita scolded herself. This woman was a complementary addition to this job of hers. A month after living in Mumbai, she was called to Spesh to fill up their empty CA position, part-time but it was a good enough addition to her bank account.  

"You're smiling again" Vandita's eyes came back to her face and she squealed happily. "One Mission accomplished. Time for another one"

"What another one?" Mahira asked her and Vandita bit her tongue turning to another side. Again a slip. Mahira could hear low murmurs from her and she stood up, crossing the desk.

She could hear words like "Idiot" and "Shit". She touched her shoulder and Vandita jumped back in surprise.

She looked like a child who was caught sneaking ice cream red-handed. Mahira bit the insides of her left cheek in curiosity. Raising both her eyebrows slightly at Vandita, bobbing her chin indicating she needed answers.

"God! You intimidate me so much without even using your pretty mouth." Vandita mumbled under her breath making Mahira smirk a little.

"We are going to Goa," Vandita stated, her lips trembling to stop the grin from spilling out. Mahira's confused gaze made her sigh, she pulled a card out of her tote bag, and waved it in front of her eyes "Aishwarya is getting married in a week."