❥ 48.Còsagach

Còsagach (Gaelic word)
feeling snug, sheltered and warm

♡♡

"Why did you marry me?"

"Why Mr. Malik? You wanted someone else to marry you? Did you set your eyes on some other girl?" Mahira asked playfully, glancing down at him. She settled his head in her lap a little and shifted closer to the headboard. The pillows behind keep her comfortable and warm.
"Why will I want that?" He rolled his eyes and stared at her face, her fingers caressing his scalp, a calming sensation created by her fingers making him relax out of the day's burden.

"Good that you don't want that because you have got stuck with me and No other girl can handle you and your changing emotions like me, they'll be running for hills when they'll get to know you. Trust me it's very hard to catch up with you." She sat with a smug smirk.

"Yeah, a great job is done, dove." He rolled his eyes commenting sarcastically, nuzzling closer to her stomach, enjoying her lap. "Tell me" he poked her cheek "When did you get to know about me? How come you didn't react on finding it out?"

"What was there to react? Finding out that you were Rajveer Malik changed nothing for me. You were acting this cold and controlling person from the start of our marriage and I had a hunch that there were layers to your character. Except for an addition of a name, nothing was really surprising to me. Nothing really changed here." She waved between them.

"You had a hunch? You were doubting me before our marriage?" He frowned curiously.

She had a secretive smile playing on her lips, it widened as she shrieked because of his poking in her sides. 

"Okay! I'm telling you. Wait" she took a deep breath and started speaking "No one walks in a place like a king like you do, you know your confidence as if you own the world, can't be ignored. That day at the Bandstand, when you approached me, I started seeing you in a different light. You were the center of attraction yet you had the skill to get concealed in the crowd. Next, you went ahead and scared the poor cashier guy in that food hub with the authority in your voice, I started doubting your identity. Then at the hostel, you showed up in a luxurious car and I had my doubts cleared that you were not the millennial you tried playing. The ACME reference and that board meeting of yours you left for me. It was all over the news that an important meeting in the ACME branch office was called off because RV Malik failed to show up. I joined the dots."

"Where and how did it come out?" He gaped. "Why don't I know about it?"

Mahira smiled sheepishly "The financial reporters here are worst than gossip bloggers. Your angry board of directors was caught on record. They were breathing fire that day because canceled you on them and for the record why you didn't get to know about it? Well, Danish told me that he had to sneak those pages away knowing you'll go all Hulk on them."