❥ 10. Marmoris

Marmoris (noun)

Shining surface of the ocean

♡♡

Bang!

Bang!

Mahira jerked awake from her bed, eyes wide open in fear and breathing raged. She blinked a few more times to adjust the light of the room when she caught sight of a figure, bending on the floor picking something up.

"Neha ?" She asked and the person looked up.

A sheepish smile on her face changed to a frown, standing on her place straight, she hid whatever her hands carried.

"I told you not to sleep" She accused and Mahira covered her yawn.

"That was at 9. You said you were coming in an hour but it's.." She glanced at the clock and snapped her head to her roommate "12:30 ?"

"Um yeah," She rubbed her neck "It got pretty late didn't it ?"

Mahira narrowed her eyes "It is so late, not safe either and how did you come in? The doors would be locked. Everyone is sleeping"

"I got ways" Neha proclaimed and Mahira glared at her.

Neha walked a few steps making sure the thing was well hidden and Mahira raised both her brows in Question.

"What are you hiding ?" Her narrowed eyes were fixed on her arms.

"I..." Neha drawled and Mahira stood up, throwing the comforter away.

"Show me" She demanded and a slow smile played on Neha's face.

She brought the thing in front, A gold guitar-shaped trophy standing on a black pyramid.

"I got selected"

Mahira gaped reading the text "Singing Sensation of India" Her eyes met the brown ones shining with Happiness and excitement.

"Oh my god"

Mahira grinned along with Neha who was screaming at a low pitch, can't risk the Veena-Bomb. They hugged each other tight, Neha sniffing her tears away and Mahira shook her head at her, telling her not to cry.

"Can you believe this? It was a dream Mahi. I'm selected. I feel so happy. I feel like I have already won the competition" Her voice broke but she chuckled "I sound so stupid"

"You don't" Mahira insisted, seeing the trophy "I'm happy for you Neha, so happy"

Neha pulled her in another hug, swaying her right and left "I'm happy too"

Giggling, they parted and Neha's stomach grumbled at the very moment announcing its existence.

Mahira frowned "You didn't eat ?"

Neha pursed her lips in embarrassment. "I was late so ditched my dinner"

Mahira clenched her jaw and narrowed her eyes at her.