❥ 52. Affrap

Affrap (verb)
to strike down.

♡♡

Mahira always wanted people to believe in her, She wanted that constant support and motivating source in her life she kept hearing her friends brag about

Mahira always wanted people to believe in her, She wanted that constant support and motivating source in her life she kept hearing her friends brag about. She wished to have someone who would be more excited than her,  who will celebrate her victories like their own and her failures as a chance to tell her how much caliber she had. Someone who'll push her to be better every day, not for herself but for the person.

She wasn't greedy to ask for the whole attention or become the center of anyone's life but she yearned to hold a special place in people's hearts to feel belonged. A place and role just meant for her, something she didn't share, something she loved holding onto.

All her life she wanted people around her who would actually mean something to her. Someone who would see her off every morning with the best assuring smiles giving her the confidence to start her new day and who'll wait for her to return back safely. Someone who'll ask her about the day, laugh at her tales, share her success, or tell her to be not disheartened on a bad day and cheer her up for the next one.

She wanted all of this, It wasn't much she had asked for. It was a regular scene for millions of people out there who took it for granted, She on the other hand yearned for this. For most of her youth days, she had left her house early morning and returned back only to find the place as deserted as she left behind.

Be it back at her birthplace or when she relocated to Mumbai, living all alone and fully independent in that hostel made her desperate for love and support.

Until now.

Now, she had a home to leave and come back to. She had a man whose gaze never made past her, he who loved her more than anyone in this world, and he who she loved with all of her beings.

She had a friend to narrate and rant about her day. A little puppy who loved cuddles, especially from her. She had a family at work who make her feel comfortable at every point in time, an environment she could never leave behind and lastly, she had her best friends. Best friends who had weaved a small safety cocoon including her, people Mahira could call in the middle of the night. People she knew belonged to her and to whom she belonged.

She felt as if all her wishes were heard and God whispered amen to them. She had nothing more to ask, she was content and grateful to the supreme power. Bowing her head infront of the deity she smiled feeling the peace clouding her heart as the Priest gestured her to lean forward, he marked the red kumkum dot on her forehead before he turned towards Ayaan who walked forward and did the same.

"Vandy where is the rest of the prasad?" Mahira whispered in her ears, taking steps back away from the hearing range of the other staff members.

"I don't know" Vandita looked at her frowning.