❥ 16. Dormiveglia

A/n [baccha - A term used by Indian parents to address thier baby]

Dormiveglia (Noun)

the space that stretches between sleeping and walking.

♡♡

“Papa”

“Papa”

The voice resounded the whole mansion, footsteps soundless but her giggles echoed all over as she clamped her little palm on her lips to shut the voice, failing miserably. Her little eyes traveled the length of room and back, searching for the shadow or the figure all over. She hunched down to see underneath the couch to catch him.

“Where are you Papa ?”  She giggled again, looking everywhere. Her brown eyes dripped with mischief, joy and excitement. She ran towards the door, biting her tongue as her anklet bells chimed. She slapped her forehead.

Offo! Stop making noise Mishti, You’ll alert him” She chastised herself. Holding her breath she tip-toed around to not let the bells shake. She leaned back on the wall, sneakily peeking behind to look for him.

Her grin widened as the curtains shuffled, a shadow looming behind it. She closed her mouth to stop her laughing. She sneaked inside and screamed “Boo” making the figure topple down on all his fours, followed by the curtain and pipes.

A hand shot to her quickly to avoid any injuries. The pipe rolled down the floor and she looked up from her father’s protective embrace.

“Who does that Mishti ? You would have got hurt” He narrowed his eyes playfully.

“Found you papa” She giggled in fits.

“You little Gigglemug” He fake scowled making her laugh harder.

Her father chuckled shaking his head. “Now what about this ? Your mother is going to act all bear on us”

“Bear ?” She laughed “You called mama Bear”

“Shh” He shushed her with alarmed eyes. “Don’t say this infront of her”

Mahira sealed her lips shut, her chest still vibrating with unraveled laughter.

“Mishti” He called her nickname sternly and she sobered. “Go out and check if she’s coming, I’ll fix this”

She nodded her head, her pigtails bouncing on her head making her father grin on her cute antics. “Come fast Papa”

“I’m right her baccha”

She skipped her steps on the tile floor, lips twisting in weird, funny directions when the lights went off. Her steps halted and eyes widened in fear.