❥ 40. Rakuyou

Rakuyou (noun)
Golden fallen or shredded leaves.

♡♡

♡♡

What the fuck was that?” he roared, feet pressing against the brakes and knuckles tight. He glared Mira sitting beside him. “Who screams like that Mira and what the hell were you trying to convey to her? Give back the damn phone”

Mira smiled sheepishly “I disconnected Bhai, immediately after you applied brakes. I’m sure she heard the screech of tyres”

He glared her, weirdly she looked excited about something.

“I have set up such a welcome for you Mr. Malik you should thank me.” She bragged. “I was afraid she won’t buy it but  see I fooled her into believing we had an accident. Now when we reach there without a scratch can you imagine how shocked she’ll be”

“Fuck” he muttered under his breath, pinching between his eyes. “You are out of your mind dumb wit. Give me the phone. Ira will freak out” he snatched the phone but Mira yanked it back.

“Come-on bhai be a sport. She will freak not go into a full blown panic that you’re acting so harsh to me” she reasoned, crossing her hands.

“Panic attack?” he murmured, memories coming back to him “Fuck. Fuck. Fuck” he cursed loudly. “She’ll panic, She’ll go into full blown panic!. For God’s sake Mira. Give me the phone or I’ll throw you out of my car” he yelled.

Mira flinched, immediately giving him his phone as he connected it to the dashboard system and dialed her. He accelerated the car, cursing continuously as she never answered, uncaring about speed laws or the flagging traffic he was flying the car.

It was fear. He witnessed the deep sense of fear hitting him when she didn’t receive two continuous calls. The old scenes of her panic attacks came back, making him clutch the steering hardly. Last time he witnessed it, before that he was luckily able to reach her on time but now? He was still an hour of drive away from her.

“Bhai?” she treaded carefully. “I’m sorry. I’ll apologize to her. Don’t worry and please slow down. I’m sorry for doing this ”

“ Shut up” he snapped, he had never lost his patience with her, Mira was always at the receiving end of his love and protection, never his anger. Pulling his hairs, he shifted the gare and glanced at her.

Seeing her glossy eyes he exhaled and calmed a little, wanting to explain her his reason of aggravation. “Look  Mahira lost her father in a car accident. She’ll flip. I am worried for her. You shouldn’t have done this Mira.”